Wish List – Summer Skin Care Buys
We shared our wish list of summer makeup buys a few days ago and, as promised, here are the must-have’s for a beautiful, hydrated (but never shiny) summer complexion.
1. Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser ($60) – This delicious lightweight counterpart of the cult-classic Eve Lom Balm, is both refreshing (thanks to the signature blend of oils) and effective without ever stripping the skin. Papaya fruit enzymes help to gently exfoliate dead, summer skin.
2. Replere By Dr. Debbie Palmer Pore Minimize & Mattify Skin Tonic ($42) – I am officially obsessed with this alcohol-free toner which both reduces shine and lightly exfoliates, leaving pores tight and skin bright and glowing.
3. Sunday Riley Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil Artemis ($125) – The sun can dry out even the oiliest of complexions and, as we know, this cycle of over-drying only creates more oil. That’s why I’m a fan of Sunday Riley’s Face Oils. This one balances the complexion while pumping your skin with the finest of oils to repair, clarify, tone, and hydrate. A must for anyone with oily or acneic skin.
4. Obagi Zo Medical Brightenex ($115) – Summer creates a mishmash of uneven skin tone. Brightenex is one of the best products I’ve found for keeping the dark spots and hyperpigmentation at bay. A blend of retinol, melanin inhibitors and antioxidants gently exfoliate and brighten the complexion. Apply at night and remember to wear a zinc-based sunscreen during the day!
5. Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 ($30) – Specifically for use on skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyper pigmentation (but it works on everyone), this sunscreen is perfect in every way. High in zinc, it goes on clear, lightly creamy, and is fast absorbing without drying out the skin or creating that chalky film that so many other SPF’s tend to leave. Highly, highly recommend, especially for those whose skin seems to have an aversion to sunscreen.
6. G.M. Collin Active Exfoliant Powder ($39) – After a long day outdoors – sun and beach on your face – you’ll need a gentle yet effective face wash. This exfoliating powder is all of it – so gentle you can barely feel the enzymes working to remove dead skin and grime. So soft you’ll be amazed that it has the ability to leave your complexion that clean and glowing. And the powders activate with water so you’re getting potent ingredients every time you use it.
7. Kinara Weightless Moisturizer ($60) – A lightweight, gentle moisturizer that offers up hydration without any oil. The gel-cream consistency is perfect for summer, while the formula promotes collagen to ease fine lines and wrinkles.
8. Cecilia Wong Rejuvenating Toner Mist ($15-$52) – Chock-full of essential oils, herbs and botanicals, this face mist can be used to tone the skin or as a midday spruce up. The refreshing probiotic-rich mist stops acne and kills bacteria, ideal for those sweaty, humid summer days. Two spritz’s post makeup will set the products and give you healthy, happy face.
9. Laboratories Luzern System 02 infuse Pure Oxygen Radiance Mask ($70) – A mask is crucial during the summer months. And this one gives your complexion everything that it needs – vitamin c for the uneven skin tone and oxygen for the overall hydration. This mask is a must- it’s won’t strip your beautiful golden tan, but it will give you a boost of everything your complexion is lacking. The result: glowing.
10. Tracie Martin Firming Serum ($185) – This stuff is definitely expensive, but so worth the price. You’ll see results immediately, especially after a day in the sun (dehydration and sun spots? UGH). The organic ingredients firm, tone, and hydrate, while aiding in collagen and elastin production. Basically, it’s preventative. And we all need to think about our future.