Wish List: Summer Makeup Buys
Oh, the products of summer at last! Here, a list of must-have makeup designed specifically for the season.
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58) – Three gorgeous baked highlighting bronzers that add a hint of sun kissed color with an iridescent shimmer to create perfectly healthy, glowing skin. Mix them together or apply darker shade to contour, lighter shades to highlight.
2. Lorac Pro Palette 2 ($42) – Following on the heels of the cult-favorite Pro Palette, Pro Palette 2 is packed with 16 velvety soft and highly pigmented shadows – 8 matte and 8 shimmers. Mix and match until your hearts content – you literally cannot go wrong. The neutral shades like beige, rose, mocha, buff, cool grey and light brown give great summer eye (and that’s just 6 of them!).
3. Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Native ($30) – Universally flattering bronzer, pinky-champagne highlighter and bright pink blush all in one compact! This is my type of product: fake a gorgeous summer tan and flushed cheeks without ever putting your face in the sun.
4. Kiehl’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector ($35) – Behold the new BB and CC creams, blur creams. This Kiehl’s one is great because it’s lightweight and provides sheer coverage while “blurring” skin irregularities – fine lines and large pores – to produce healthy looking skin.
5. Dior Dior Addict Fluid Stick ($35) – These new lip hybrids combine high-impact shine with long-lasting pigment (almost like a glossy stain). So many great summer colors, but here are a few to add to your beauty bag ASAP: Whisper Beige for the nudists, Adventure, for those having a moment with this year’s trendy orange lip, and Pandore for the perfect bold pink pout.
6. MAC Powder Blush in Peaches & Cream – Part of the Sharon Osbourne collection, this blush provides the perfect peachy-pink flushed cheek without looking like it’s been painted on. Adore this color for a natural summer flush.
7. Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer Face Spotlight ($48) – A 5-in-1 BB cream with sun protection, hydration and illumination that will even out uneven skin while giving your complexion a healthy, dewy and overall beautiful glow. Love this stuff because it’s lightweight and doesn’t feel like your skin is suffocating (especially during a heat wave). Has a bit of shimmer so works well added in with your favorite tinted moisturizer or matte bb cream.
*Check back later in the week for our summer wish list of skin care must-haves!