Winter Hair Woes Solved
Temperatures may still feel temperate, but that slight chill in the air means that winter is quickly invading. While summer heat brings it own set of hair woes, the struggle is just as real (if not even more so!) in the colder months.
Luckily, building an arsenal of survival products means that you, too, can have Pantene commercial-worthy hair regardless of season.
Here are the products that’ll get our hair through wretched winter:
1. Moroccanoil Dry Scalp Treatment ($38): Dry, itchy scalps can not only be difficult to treat, but oftentimes rather unpleasant. This is one of the most luxe and effective options we’ve encountered. For maximum results, apply it before bed and rinse it out in the morning.
2. Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast ($29): To quickly fix a bad case of hat head, give your mane several blasts of this spray and turn your head upside down to shake everything out. In under a minute, your hat head will be a thing of the past.
3. Bumble and Bumble Repair Blow Dry ($31): Dead ends look that much more apparent on dried-out winter hair, so rely on this serum-cream to seal them while also protecting against further heat damage.
4. Evo The Great Hydrator Moisture Mask ($25): Thanks to argan oil and glycerin, this mask imparts a serious surge of hydration on even the most dehydrated locks. While the recommended application time is three to five minutes, we find at least 20 is ideal.
5. Aquis Microfiber Hair Towel ($21): If you’re still using your bath towel to dry your hair after a shower…girl, you’re doing it wrong. Great hair begins with great prep, and a microfiber towel is the most effective and gentle way to wring water out. Bonus: it cuts down on frizz and flyaways.
6. Verb Ghost Oil ($14): Hair oil is a non-negotiable for coarse, frizzy, or parched hair. Problem is, many are just what their name implies…oily! Luckily, this formula is invisible (like a ghost, hence the product name), immediately soaked up by parched strands, while still being extremely effective.
7) R+Co Outerspace Flexible Hairspray ($29): Somehow this otherworldly (see what we did there?) spray keeps things where we want without shellacking down the hair. Don’t even consider going outside in inclement weather or crazy winter wind without this safeguard.
-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com