What We Can Learn From 80’s Hair

hair
By December 15, 2010 One Comment

What We Can Learn From 80’s Hair

They say that history repeats itself and nothing is closer to the truth than beauty: Grunge, alternative, glam, rock – so timeless, yet each with a specific time in history.

Let’s delve into the 80’s and some of the hair styles that made that era famous:

The Full Volume
as seen on Julia Roberts and Cindy Crawford
Curls and volume were all the rage and nobody did it better than Julia and Cindy. Today, we still crave volume but in a much more understated way.

The Overbearing Hair Accessory
as seen on Madonna and Ione Skye
If you wanted to be cool, you had to wear a hair accessory that was almost the size of your head (the bow was the best). Nowadays, we’re much more into simple and petite accessories, perhaps a  head band?

The Short Bob
as seen on Molly Ringwald and Linda Evangelista
There were two kinds of bobs: the Molly Ringwald, girl-next-door, and the Linda Evangelista, girlish-guy. Today, we prefer the LOB, or longer bob that Gwyneth Paltrow made so famous.

Would you wear any of these ‘do’s today? Why or why not?