What I’m Thankful For… The All-Natural Edition
Every year, come Thanksgiving, I try and write a list of what I’m thankful for. We all have so much to be grateful for. Of course friends, family, and health top that list, but for today’s purposes, I wanted to express my gratitude for some pretty amazing all-natural beauty products that have taken permanent residence in my cabinet this past year. Yes, I include all-natural beauty under the health category of gratitude, as non-toxic is certainly chic and fabulous!
If you’re still on the fence about implementing natural products into your beauty routine, get off that fence and start with these 10 favorites:
1. Mad Hippie Face Cream ($22) – It has literally saved my uncharacteristically cracked skin… Without making me break out! The natural ingredients leave my complexion healthy and glowing.
2. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip & Cheek Tint in Very Charming ($35) – The absolute perfect rosy pink creamy blush for day and night. And it’s universally flattering so it looks fab on fair to deep skin tones (great for transitioning from my summer tan to my winter translucent coloring). The all-natural formula hydrates skin, filling in fine lines, too.
3. Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Veil ($30) – A champagne-hued powder highlighter that doesn’t sit on the skin like so many others. This actually absorbs into the skin, thanks to argan oil, so that you literally look “lit from within.” I like to apply directly with my fingers to spot highlight high points like brow bone and bridge of nose.
4. Vapour Organics Mesmerize in Bliss and Adore ($20 each) – Neutral-toned cream shadows that create a beautiful wash of color without creasing. Bonus: these two colors compliment each other perfectly for day-to-night wear. Chrysanthemum, eyebright and horsetail herb nourish and soothe the sensitive eye area.
5. Skin Owl Eye+ ($46) – A refreshing and hydrating eye gel chock-full of hyaluronic acid. The perfect pre-makeup base to plump and fill in fine lines.
6. Aromatherapy Associates Rose Infinity Eye Cream ($65) – For evenings when eyes need a creamier kick, this stuff gets the job done. I wake up looking healthy, glowing, and slightly younger. Score!
7. W3ll People Expressionist Mascara ($24) – I plan on doing a post on the best all-natural mascaras, but this formula is a favorite thus far. The thin, rubber-bristled brush gets every last lash hair, and the inky black formula lengthens while staying put all day long.
8. Rohr Remedy Desert Lime Body Moisturizer ($20) – If you want your skin to feel as smooth as silk, invest in this incredibly rich and sensuous body cream. I went through an entire bottle in about two weeks. Everything about it – from the healthy ingredients to the subtle but delicious scent – is pure divinity.
9. Sponge Ladi Avokanto ($60) – A restorative face oil that combines avocado and vitamins D and E to nourish, heal, and protect. I literally crave this stuff: My combination skin soaks it up and it leaves my complexion with that coveted dewy look. And, of course, no breakouts here!
10. BeautyCounter Lip Sheer in Twig ($28) – A super moisturizing, splash of nudish-pink color to protect and glam the pout, day or night, while non-toxic ingredients plump ever-so-slightly. Plus, use a smudge on cheekbones for a hint of glossy, barely-there flush. All of the colors are wearable, so choose your favorite and stock up.
What beauty products are you thankful for this year?