Weekly Must-Have: Birthday Edition
It’s my birthday… and I’ll gush about my favorite products if I want to! Full disclosure, birthday’s seem to have lost their zest after the age of 21, but none-the-less, it’s still a great excuse for donning a party dress, tiara (love!) and some killer makeup.
So, in honor of my birthday, here are the products that I’m loving right now. This moment. Today. Tomorrow, there will be a completely new slew of must-haves!
1. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser ($45)- A gentle yet effective face wash for my combination skin. Made without sulfates, but chock full of refined french green clay, vitamin c and sandalwood to curb excess oil while brightening the complexion. I could literally eat this stuff!
2. Arcona Magic Dry Ice ($52) – A delightful moisturizer that’s a bit heavier than my summer staple, Arcona’s Magic White Ice. This stuff is perfect to apply pre-makeup, too. Foundation and concealer glides on with ease.
3. Fresh Sugar Petal Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 ($22.50) – My newest Fresh Lip Treatment obsession… it gives lips mega moisture with the prettiest petal pink hue. Perfect for day.
4. MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 ($30) – Part primer, part foundation, this matte formula covers imperfections while looking like you’re not wearing any makeup. Perfect for day as the SPF 35 will protect against UV rays. Love this stuff!
5. Tarte Park Avenue Princess Waterproof Matte Bronzer ($29) – I’ve been an avid Tarte bronzer fan for years, but the matte bronzer is new on my radar. I love the natural golden shade, and I’m over sparkle so the matte finish is my jam.
6. Make Matte Lipstick in Maraschino Cherry ($25) – The perfect party, movie siren red lipstick. Stays on for hours and hours, through drinks and the occasional kiss.
7. Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen ($37) – This is one of those Holy Grail products. I use it for everything from adding a highlight to my cupid’s bow and brow bone to covering under-eye circles (this awesome formula happens to lighten the area too, creating a beautiful glow).
8. Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara ($31) – I’ve gushed about this mascara many times before, but my birthday would not be the same without a mention. It’s literally the perfect mascara – gives great volume, high intensity black pigment, doesn’t smudge, flake or cause raccoon eyes… and it’s so simple to remove. Just add water and gently tug off the tubes.
9. Chanel Style Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir ($40) – The very best eyeliner for your waterline. Glides on with ease and stays put… I use it on my lash line as well.
10. Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Liquifuchsia ($26) – I adore blush, but this specific one – and color – is my year-round go to. The cream consistency allows you to control the intensity – a dab for fa flushed glow, layer on for a strong cheek. It’s quite possibly the perfect color.