was successfully added to your cart.

Under $10: Winter Essentials

The last days of winter are upon us, but the season’s harsh climate wages war on our skin, hair, and nails. Even though spring is just around the corner, you wouldn’t know it by the grey skies and dry air. There are plenty of products that promise to alleviate the effects of winter’s skincare woes, but we’re on the hunt for the best products to combat these predictable issues at a fraction of the prestige brand pricing.

Below, eight great products to help you through these last, brutal days of winter, all for under $10: (We’ve sprinkled in a few color essentials as well; black liner plus red lips equals the perfect evergreen look). Psst: All of these staples will carry you into spring, so stock up!

1. Wet N Wild Megaliner Liquid Liner ($3) – Winter calls for black liner. Period. Whether you choose to create a goth eye, a cat eye, or a simple kitten wing, this drugstore find will leave your eyes in the winter spirit. It’s remarkably similar to Make Up For Ever Ink Linker, yet at a fraction of the price.

2. Nivea Extended Moisture Body Lotion ($5) – Come winter, I am constantly slathering moisturizer on my body. I loathe the feeling of dry, brittle, cracked skin. This non-greasy lotion aids in hydrating severely dehydrated skin — for up to 48 hours! I keep a bottle on my bedside table.

3. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash ($5) – Colloidal oatmeal soothes and heals while natural oils moisturize and replenish. This wash has a mild scent and is soap-free, dye-free and hypoallergenic.

4. Yes To Carrots Moisturizing Hand Cream ($6) – A natural hand cream that moisturizes skin in the harsh winter months (I am constantly applying cream to hands and elbows!). Allantoin and soybeans hydrate and protect while primrose oil combats dryness. I love this stuff!

5. NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red ($6) – A classic red shade that flatters every skin tone. The matte texture keeps it seasonally appropriate. And you can’t beat the price!

6. Revlon Nail Enamel in Vixen ($6) – Colder weather calls for darker lacquer. Revlon’s Vixen is a vampy red that will most certainly fit the mood.

7. Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm ($10) – 100% natural lip balm that hydrates, conditions, and protects with soothing ingredients like honey and cupuacu butter. Try it on cuticles or even brow and cheek bones to add a hint of shine with conditioning benefits.

8. Jergens Cream Basic Cleansing Cream ($3) – Dry complexion? This cult-classic face cream is actually a cleanser that’ll deep cleanse and moisturize, and it doubles as a makeup remover. Not recommended for acne-prone, oily, or combination skin tones. Highly recommended for dry and mature complexions. Pretty on par with Charlotte Tilbury’s Mulit-Miracle Glow cleanser and mask, although a fraction of the price.