Under $10: Drugstore Bronzers
Summer’s around the corner and winter has most certainly left your skin pale and lackluster. How to get ready for the big season of sun? Bronzers, of course. In fact, we’re calling all bronzers to the rescue ASAP. And if you’re like me and refuse to let your face enjoy the sun, then you’ll be needing these bronzing powders all summer long to fake that sun-kissed complexion.
Here, a few of our favorite drugstore bronzers, all under $10 — because a golden glow doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag.
1. Lorac Tantalizer Baked Bronzer; Travel Size ($7) – Sure, it’s smaller than the original, but it’s also 1/3 of the price. And the mini version doesn’t take away from the major punch of sun-kissed color, the baked tera cotta formula, and the light, luminous shimmer. For the full size (at $32), click here. Compare with Laura Mercier’s Radiance Baked Body Bronzer (a BB favorite at $55).
2.Rimmel Natural Bronzer ($5) – A matte bronzer that delivers sun-kissed skin at an affordable price. Comes in three shades, sun dance, sun light, and sun bronze (which seems to be the most universal hue). Compare with Dior Diorskin Nude Tan Matte Sunpowder ($52).
3. E.l.f. Studio Bronzer ($3) – There’s little that three bucks can buy you these days (a pack of gum, maybe?), but E.l.f. is stretching your dollar to include a gorgeous golden glow. This bronzer contains four shimmering shades that can be swirled around and applied to the face, or used separately to highlight and contour. Compare with Too Faced Beach Bunny Custom-Blend Bronzer ($32).
4. NYX Cosmetics Matte Bronzer ($9) – This matte formula gives good glow without any shimmer. Comes in light, medium, and deep tan for a natural, gorgeous sun-kissed complexion. Compare to Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer (a BB favorite at $30).
5. Milani Bronzer XL All Over Glow ($9) – This oil-free formula comes in 3 color options with a matte and shimmer shade in each. Highlight and contour or wear together for an all over, even golden glow. Compare with Shiseido Bronzer Oil-Free ($35).
6. Cover Girl Cheekers Bronzer in Golden Tan ($5) – This formula mimics the perfect tan without the sun and at a fraction of the price of prestige brand bronzers. And the small compact is ideal for on-the-go application (just make sure to apply with a kabuki brush like this one from Tarte!).