Category:  under $10

Current Drugstore Favorites

By | the five, under $10 | No Comments

Who doesn’t love a good budget beauty buy?  So often drugstore products are carelessly overlooked by beauty aficionados.  In reality, most of these products are produced by enormous corporations with acclaimed scientists and researchers in product development – this often leads to seriously noticeable results.

Here are five of our current drugstore favorites:

1. L’Oreal Paris Elvive 8 Second Wonder Water ($9): To be honest, when this product first came on the radar it was a bit hard to understand.  Is it a deep conditioner or a styling product?  The truth is that it’s really just a treatment.  Sub your conditioner with this a few times a week for seriously silky and shiny locks.  Pro tip: double the application amount if you have thick or super long hair.

2. Pixi DetoxifEYE Depuffing Eye Patches ($24):  One of the easiest ways to prep for a Zoom or FaceTime call is a quick round of depuffing and brightening eye patches.  This version from Pixi  rivals some of the very expensive counterparts that we’ve tried.  Even better, they don’t slide from the under-eye area like so many patches, which means you can actually be productive while wearing them.  At less than a buck per wear, this purchase is a no brainer!

3. L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Mascara ($9):  Tubing mascara is not only a foolproof way to prevent raccoon eyes, but also incredibly easy remove seeing as it only requires water and some friction from your fingers or a washcloth.  As devotees of tubing mascara, we’ve truly tried every single one available.  This one is (so far!) impossible to beat.

4. Mustela No-Rinse Cleansing Water ($15): There are plenty of wonderful micellar cleansing waters on the market, but this version designed for babies is a constant winner.  Since it’s designed for infants, it is safe to use on even the most sensitive or compromised of skins.

5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer ($8):  Finding the perfect product to cover dark under eye circles is no east feat.  Lucky for us, this $8 pen brightens and conceals with zero caking and settling into fine lines.  And at this price, you can afford to keep one in multiple bags.

– Written by Casey Sharbaugh

*photo courtesy of @theglossarray