Trends: Fall Nail Polish
I love Fall. I love the crisp, cool weather, chunky sweaters and layers, but most of all, I love the change of colors. From bright pinks and corals to deep, rich shades of blues, berries, and this season, even some sparkle. What better way to experiment with this spectrum of color than on your nails? Here are my top five fall nail polish hues:
(1) Into the Blue: This Fall, Estee Lauder introduced their Pure Color Nail Lacquer Beyond Black Collection and I am in love with their rich, deep blue hue, aptly name Blue Blood. Inspired by the fantastical and mysterious Parisian night, this is by far my favorite color this season. With a clean and shiny finish, this polish exudes the sexiness of the Parisian Femme Fatale and yet captures the intensity of the City of Lights brilliantly. Vive la France!
So when transitioning from Summer to Fall, keep your tips looking elegant and sophisticated with a clean navy hue. Can you ever really go wrong with navy?
(2) Hot Cocoa: When I think of cool weather, I’m also thinking of hot, warm drinks like cocoa. For a more neutral nail, I like to use Laura Mercier’s Cocoa Suede but when I want to kick it up a notch, Tom Ford’s Burnt Topaz offers a little shimmer that goes a long way. Both nail lacquers are super smooth and rarely chip. Two coats later, and your nails will be ready to spring into Fall.
(3) It’s Golden: Now that the Olympics are over and the holiday season is just around the corner, what better way than to extend our love for gold than on our nails? Deborah Lippmann’s Boom Boom Pow will leave your nails feeling like you’ve won Olympic gold… or even a million bucks. This glamorous gold glitter contains 24K gold and it’s one my absolute favorites. If you’re looking for something more subdued try Essie’s Good as Gold from their newly launched Mirror Metallics Collection. It’s understated, refined, and yet seductive.
(4) Burnished Reds: The changing colors of tree leaves is a clear sign that Fall is upon us and also inspiration for this season’s nail tips. Dior’s Red Ebony is a beautiful and smooth burnt red and it has just enough shimmer to keep your nails looking vibrant. For a color with a tad more classic crimson, try L’Oreal’s Red Tote. With the same rustic undertones, your nails will be screaming fall.
(5) Merry Berry: Who doesn’t love a rich berry pie? Or better yet, a rich berry nail? YSL Violet Baroque with dark purple undertones and NARS Nail Polish in Chinatown with red undertones, are my top picks for a berry nail tip. What’s great about going berry is that you can choose from many different shades of purples and reds to match your Fall wardrobe. So try and experiment with different hues to find your perfect merry berry match.
If you’re still clutching onto these last few days of Summer, an easy transition to Fall can be made with your nail color. Which Fall colors will you be varnishing your pretty nails with this season?
By Beauty Banter’s in-house Beauty Assistant, Sara Ng.