Trending: Nineties Lipstick
The vamp lip has been trending since last season, and it looks like it will be the color to covet come fall. In the interim, try this dark and dramatic shade that is universally flattering and looks fab on all lips and all skin tones.
This season’s red is dark, moody, and sometimes even vampy with a hint of purple. Celebrity makeup artist Kristin Hilton, who has worked with Jaime King, Allison Williams, and Uma Thurman, says: “I’m sure you’ve heard, but the ’90s are back.” And there is no better indication of nineties inspiration than that of the bold assortment of vampy runway pouts, as seen at Zac Posen, Erdem, Rodarte, Gareth Pugh, and Nicholas K.
“What do these lips have in common? Think deep, bold, opaque shades for a show-stopping pout,” says Kristin.
Kristin’s favorite nineties lipstick:
1. NYX Lip Cream in Copenhagen ($6)
2. Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Lipstick in Wicked ($20)
3. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Liv ($32)
4. Maybelline Lip Studio Color Blur in Partner in Crimson ($7)
1. MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in High Drama (*this was the exact color used at the Zac Posen show ) ($20)
2. MAC Lipstick Viva Glam Ariana Grande ($17)
3. Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Frenemy ($20)
4. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Chianti ($24)
Paint your pout pretty today!