Trending: Gel-Cream Face Moisturizers
With summer quickly approaching, our skin doesn’t need the thick moisturizers of winter and fall. Like our shoes, our skincare routine should change with the season. While we never suggest skipping moisturizer entirely (not even for oily skin types!), we totally endorse a lighter hydrator for spring and summer. In fact, gel-cream face moisturizers are exactly what our face is craving: both in terms of hydration and glow. Plus, gels are so much more soothing, so these moisturizers can actually replenish and refresh sun-depleted complexions without the heaviness of thick creams.
Here are five gel-cream face moisturizers worth their hype:
1. Kores Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel Moisturiser ($34) – Lightweight, pore-minimizing, chock-full of pomegranate water and extracts, which helps treat breakouts and dark spots while also brightening the overall complexion. We suggest using this gel for normal to dry skin types.
2. Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Cooling Gel ($48) – A refreshing, cooling, and soothing moisturizer in a pure gel form. It adds hydration, sans the grease, and is ideal for normal to combo skin types.
3. Dermalogica Calm Water Gel ($48) – This water-gel soothes sensitive skin with weightless hydration – thanks to hyaluronic acid. The complexion is left soft and glowy all day long.
4. Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer ($52) – Serious hydration for dry skin types, this weightless gel moisturizer clams redness, soothes irritation, and brightens that pretty complexion.
5. Murad Nutrient Charged Water Gel ($60) – Dry and sensitive skin has met its match. This soothing water gel cream locks in moisture for up to 5 days, plumping fine lines, while also repairing and reinvigorating the skin’s texture.
Shop The Post: