Trend Forecasting: New York Fashion Week S/S 2011
New York Fashion Week is literally days away and I thought it would be educational to start off the festivities with a forecast of trends to come. With this in mind, I asked Daniel Martin, Lancome makeup artist who will be working his magic at the Chris Benz show next Monday, for his take on the top 5 trends we are bound to see on the runway come Thursday, February 10, 2011.
Here’s what Daniel had to say:
1. Eye shadows are back—We’ve seen lips for so long, women will experiment with their eyes again, especially with the use color! Either it be a turquoise or aubergine shadow palettes (like Lancôme’s 5 Pan Palettes in Teal Fury and Mauve Chérie) or a bright colored eyeliner, the focus will be all eyes!
2. Luminized skin—Skin will be radiant with shimmer creating a lit-from-within effect.
3. Sheer pop of color on the mouth—Rather than lipstick, sheer textures with clear color will make an impact.
4. Sculpted eyes and cheeks—You’re going to see “strength” on the face. More emphasis on accenting and accentuating, rather than intense color.
5. “NO Makeup” makeup—Modern and very 90’s, we’ll see a lot more monochromatic color for fall. Case in point, Emma Stone’s makeup at the Golden Globes (pictured). Fresh with matching cheek, lip and eye colors harmonizing the entire look.