The List: Products To Fight The Inevitable Summer Frizz
Summer has arrived in full force, bringing with it the usual heat woes. Controlling sweat, shine, and sun exposure are all major undertakings, but keeping frizzy hair in check is perhaps the most frustrating. There are countless products promising sleek and soft locks, but on the most humid of days, we all know our mane isn’t afraid to take charge and do whatever it so desires.
To make a power play and tell your frizz who is boss, consider these products:
1. Living Proof No Frizz Instant De-Frizzer ($29): Like most Living Proof products, this contains a proprietary formula that is significantly lighter than the silicons found in most products. This means that when you apply it to a dry and frizzy disaster situation, it will tame and soften without adding any weight or dampness. Try it after air drying if things are feeling a bit too wild for your liking.
2. AQUIS Lisse Luxe Hair Turban ($30): If you’re still drying your hair with your bath towel, you’re doing things wrong. Harsh, but true! A high-quality microfiber towel like this one absorbs a significant amount of water to cut drying time in half. Even better, its smooth texture is more gentle on your hair follicle, whereas rougher weaves create friction and frizz.
3. Macadamia Professional Ultra Rich Moisture Cleansing Conditioner ($26): Many shampoos can be overly stripping and drying, causing more frizz than an eighties Texas coif. A co-cleanser like this one will remove oil and buildup from your locks while simultaneously nourishing. Note that this sort of cleansing method won’t work well on fine hair types.
4. Ouai Anti-Frizz Hair Sheets ($18): Leaving your house with an under control ‘do only to find complete mayhem the next time you look in the mirror is an all too common occurrence in the summertime heat. Stash one of these portable sheets for easy on-the-go touch-ups. A quick swipe from roots to end will tame frizz, static, and flyaways.
5. ColorProof HeatProof Anti-Frizz Blow Dry Creme ($32): Heat styling your hair is sometimes unavoidable in the warmer months, but come prepared. This cream not only protects the hair from heat damage, but also smoothes and moisturizes the hair cuticle to keep the mane in check.To avoid potentially weighing down your hair, apply it with a light hand – especially near the root.
Shop The Post:
-Written by Casey Sharbaugh