was successfully added to your cart.

The List: Best Skin Care Products of 2014

listskin
By December 31, 2014 5 Comments

The List: Best Skin Care Products of 2014

best skin care of 2014

It’s the final day of 2014… how will you be celebrating? I’ll be giving myself an at-home mimi facial before heading off into the night, glowing complexion in tow. So, here are my favorite skin care products of 2014 – from serums to face masks, you’ll want to stock up on these must-haves and use them well into 2015. After all, great skin never goes out of style.

1. Charlotte Tilbury Multi-Miracle Glow Cleanser, Mask & Balm for Baby Soft Skin ($60) – I wrote about this cream-to-oil balm here, but it really is one of the star products of 2014, and a slew of celebrity fans agree. The cleanser doubles as a deeply hydrating overnight mask for seriously luminous skin. Melt away makeup in a cinch and clean away the day’s debris. Note: the scent is rather potent (pleasantly rosy)- so if you’re adverse to scents, then I wouldn’t recommend this specific balm (but find more options here).

2. Sunday Riley Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil ($125) – While the cult-classic face oil Juno has been around for quite some time, this year, Sunday Riley launched Artemis, an oil specifically formulated to clarify, balance, and tone, so it’s ideal for combination and oil skin types. For drier complexions, opts for Juno. Either way, integrate these oils into your daily beauty routine either prior to moisturizer or, as the makeup artists’ did backstage at fashion week, a drop mixed into your favorite moisturizer. It literally awakens tired skin — like a power nap!

3. Kat Rudu Liquid Lift Peptide Serum ($68) – While I called this product a game changer in my dewy skin post, I must confess, it is now a Holy Grail product; one of those must-use-before-leaving-the-house sort of products. Look out for an interview with Rudu on the art of skin care layering in the new year. In the meantime, invest in this all-natural lifting serum.

4. Algenist Hydrating Essence Toner ($25) – This entire line of products uses Alguronic Acid and Microalgae Oil to regenerate and protect while uncovering a more youthful you. This toner is no exception. Gentle enough for everyday use, yet effective enough to really clean the pores, Algenist is a welcome addition to any skin care routine… and it leaves the complexion soft, bright, and revitalized.

5. Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam ($20) – Okay, so Sebamed didn’t just launch, but this gentle, soap-free cleanser is new to my face. It deep cleans acne-prone skin while maintaining skin’s healthy 5.5 pH balance; meaning, it won’t strip your skin while it clears away the acne-causing debris. The entire Clear Face line rivals Proactiv for those prone to breakouts.

6. Dr. Brandt Glow Revitalizing Retinol Eye Cream ($55) – You know how well retinol works on your face? Well, this eye cream is formulated with time-release retinol suitable for use around your eyes. Basically, it peels away fine lines and crows feet without having to get an injection of botox! And, like the name suggests, it leaves the eye area smooth, hydrated, and glowing.

7. Murad Transforming Powder ($30) – New to the Murad arsenal, Transforming Powder is a fantastic water-activated cleanser that uses bio-enzymes to gently exfoliate, and then it turns into a frothy, foaming cleanser that deep cleans and encourages cell turnover. The result is beautiful, glowing skin. A great exfoliating alternative for sensitive types, this stuff can be used daily to maintain a healthy and dewy complexion.

8. Glam Glow Super Mud ($69) – A friend of mine always has the most radiant complexion. Her secret… Glam Glow masks. The Super Mud is MAJOR; it clears, prevents, heals, and leaves skin with a healthy glow.

*Read our list of best mascaras (here), best  palettes (here), and best beauty trends (here) of 2014.