The List: Best Palettes of 2014
From gorgeous shadow combinations to lip, cheek, and even highlighting kits, 2014 was definitely the year of the palette. And while 2014 may be coming to an end, these palettes will last long after the stroke of midnight. Take a final look at our favorite palettes for 2014 – -and beyond — and invest in a few staple kits that will have your eyes, lips, and cheeks on point way into 2015.
1. Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in Soul ($49) – 12 wearable, earthy shades of neutrals: From champagne to chestnut in varying finishes like shimmer and matte. Mix colors together to create a plethora of eye looks from simple to dramatic. These shades are classic and universal, so this palette will last for years to come.
2. Lorac Pro Palette 2 ($42) – This fan favorite palette offers 16 versatile shades in both matte and shimmer formulas. While you’ll get your classic neutrals, you’ll also get colors like plum, navy, and an awesome metallic jade. Plus, each kit comes with Lorac’s Behind The Scenes Eye Primer so that your multiple shadow looks last all day.
3. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Palette in Warm Beige ($39) – While there are eight color combos to choose from, the warm beige is a favorite because of its versatility. Packed with four neutral nude, mauvey shades and one classic red, you can literally create endless lip looks – from natural to bold. MUFE makes fantastically rich pigments, so your lips are bound to be dressed in rich hues.
4. Les 5 Ombres de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette ($80) – This limited-edition holiday eye palette comes with five versatile shades to create a range of looks – from smokey to gilded eyes. With a white base shadow, three silvery-greys, and a gold, you can play around with mixing metals… or just go classic with a charcoal smokey eye.
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58) – This go-to highlighting palette does it all – from illuminating cheekbones to lightly contouring. With three complimenting shades in champagne, pink, and bronzy finishes, you can control the luminosity while providing your complexion with that 2014 coveted glowing finish.
6. Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette ($65) – Cheeks deserve a palette too and this trio of blushes, plus a highlighter and fan-favorite bronzer, Laguna, gets it all done. Highlight and contour, and paint the apples of your cheeks a perfect flush by mixing the blushes together or wearing them alone (you’ll find a pink, a peach, and a coral hue in your kit). Endless opportunities to create gorgeous cheeks on the daily.
7. Tarte Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($44) – For the matte lover, this newly launched palette includes 12 brand new, all-matte shades in classic, wearable neutrals and browns (with a few rose-inspired hues thrown in for contrast). Use this palette daily for the next year and you’re bound to have a unique eye look every time. Now that’s a steal!
For our Best of Mascara 2014, click here.
I’d love to hear from YOU… what are your favorite palettes? Feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section below and perhaps you’ll see your recommendation in a future post!