The Five: What I’m Thankful For…
Every year, come Thanksgiving, I try and write a list of what I’m thankful for. We all have so much to be grateful for. Of course friends, family, and health top that list, but for today’s purposes, I wanted to express my gratitude for some pretty amazing beauty products that have taken permanent residence in my cabinet this past year.
Therefore, this week’s The Five is dedicated to products that I’ve discovered in the past year — products that have really upped my beauty game, and products that won’t soon be forgotten.
1. Becca Après Ski Glow Collection: Eye Lights Palette ($29 – on sale!) – It’s true, I love the entire Après Ski Glow Collection (read about the equally fabulous face palette here), and for good reason. The colors scream winter, without being dark and moody. These shadows are more of a peachy, golden, crimson color range, and they mix together to create a myriad of gorgeous eye looks. The only palette you’ll need for the holiday party circuit.
2. Glossier Bow Brow in Brown ($16) – I’d heard the raves, but I had yet to try the highly sought after Boy Brow gel. Until recently — and it’s all that — and then some. The perfectly-sized miniature applicator coats my brows in the perfect shade of brown and the perfectly hard-but-malleable formula keeps stray hairs in place. Want fuller-looking, Cindy Crawford / Kaia Gerber brows? This is step one. Buy it and thank me later.
3. Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Mask ($160) – Summer-to-fall transition can be brutal on the complexion. Even my combination skin needs some added hydration. This mask is pretty spectacular in its ability to hydrate and soften while also revitalizing my complexion. It’s so gentle, it actually soothes sensitive, windburned skin.
4. NARS x Man Ray: The Kiss Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Set ($49) – Haven’t purchased this limited-edition lip pencil set yet? What are you waiting for? I’ve been living in these four gorgeously pigmented shades all fall. There’s something for day, something for night, and something for everyone. The formula is smooth and buttery, while the pencil-like applicator makes on-the-go touch-ups goof-proof. Try the shades as blushes and eye shadows, too (so many uses, so much more to love).
5. Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil ($95) – I’m constantly searching for a body oil that smells delish while also providing 100-watt shine. Tata Harper’s is pretty close to perfect. The all-natural essential oils create an intoxicating scent, while the formula offers mega moisture and a gorgeous glow. It’s one of my favorite post-bath body treats, especially in this colder climate.(Psst: body oil also gives the illusion of longer, leaner limbs!)
6. Oxygenetix Breathable Foundation ($66) – Yes, I’m adding a sixth, but I’d be remiss not to mention my gratitude for the one product that has really changed the look of my complexion: Oxygenetix Breathable Foundation is major coverage without irritation. It gives great color without looking like you’ve got makeup caked on. And it doesn’t make me break out — it’s the stuff that foundation-dreams are made of. Thank you, Oxyenetic!
What products are you thankful for this year?