The Five: Memorial Day Weekend Beauty Must-Haves
Memorial Day weekend, a.k.a. the start of summer. If you’re lucky, you get great weather, beach days, BBQ’s, bottle of Rose, and sunny days that turn into boozy nights. Only issue with Memorial weekend is how to keep your face looking fresh from day-to-night. The struggle is REAL, but, worry not, these products will keep you pretty all.night.long (and with minimal fuss). Note: These aren’t just Memorial Day weekend must-haves, they’re summer necessities. Stock up ASAP.
1. Dr. Barbara Sturm + Monika Blunder Anti-Aging Primer ($85) – Hours spent poolside means you need makeup that won’t melt off. Before you get there, however, opt for a primer to keep everything in place and help it all stay on and look fresh for hours longer. I love the Barbara Sturm + Monika Blunder primer (she’s an amazing makeup artist); it contains hyaluronic acid to plump and pearl pigments to impart a healthy glow.
2. Osmosis Colour Performance Wear Satin Foundation ($48) – My poolside face is super simple: I like a healthy, flawless complexion that doesn’t actually look like I’m wearing any makeup. My new daytime foundation of choice is this Osmosis Satin formula, which doesn’t appear cakey or too covering, and it doesn’t break me out or clog my pores at all! The finish is semi-matte, semi-dewy, 100% natural looking. IMHO, it’s better than a tinted moisturizer (you can layer for more coverage, which is nice, is you decide to add to more for your night face).
3. Lancôme Grandiose Waterproof Mascara ($32) – I’m obsessed with this mascara; the curved applicator makes application a breeze, sans any hand-cramping (it’s like ergonomic or something!). Waterproof is a must for summer sweat, heat, and swim, so it only makes sense to change up your routine with the waterproof formula. Long, clump-free lashes that won’t smudge or run. Ahhhh-mazing.
4. Supergoop Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45 ($30) – I use Elta MD Ultra Clear Sunscreen every day, pre-makeup. But when you spend hours outside, it’s imperative to constantly reapply SPF, and this 100% mineral sunscreen is in powder form, so you can brush it on your face day-to-night to absorb excess oil, give a bit of coverage, and protect from the sun. Multi-purpose on fleek! #SummerSkinMust
5. Context Nude Balm ($20) – When it comes to summer lips and cheeks, a stain lasts the longest, but for barely-there, a tinted balm is key. I love the Context formula (creamy and hydrating) and shades (super wearable and sheer with a hint of hue). The peach nude is my go-to, but for more pop, opt for the wine nude shade. Reapply as needed for hydration and a sheer tint that looks like your lips, but prettier. If you’re feeling really sassy, dab a bit on cheeks for a light, glowy flush (especially useful when turning your day look into nighttime subtle glam).
*For super simple wet summer hairstyles, click here.
Shop The Post:
Happy long weekend! xx Sarah