Who doesn’t love a good budget beauty buy? So often drugstore products are carelessly overlooked by beauty aficionados. In reality, most of these products are produced by enormous corporations with acclaimed scientists and researchers in product development – this often leads to seriously noticeable results.
Here are five of our current drugstore favorites:
1. L’Oreal Paris Elvive 8 Second Wonder Water ($9): To be honest, when this product first came on the radar it was a bit hard to understand. Is it a deep conditioner or a styling product? The truth is that it’s really just a treatment. Sub your conditioner with this a few times a week for seriously silky and shiny locks. Pro tip: double the application amount if you have thick or super long hair.
2. Pixi DetoxifEYE Depuffing Eye Patches ($24): One of the easiest ways to prep for a Zoom or FaceTime call is a quick round of depuffing and brightening eye patches. This version from Pixi rivals some of the very expensive counterparts that we’ve tried. Even better, they don’t slide from the under-eye area like so many patches, which means you can actually be productive while wearing them. At less than a buck per wear, this purchase is a no brainer!
3. L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Mascara ($9): Tubing mascara is not only a foolproof way to prevent raccoon eyes, but also incredibly easy remove seeing as it only requires water and some friction from your fingers or a washcloth. As devotees of tubing mascara, we’ve truly tried every single one available. This one is (so far!) impossible to beat.
4. Mustela No-Rinse Cleansing Water ($15): There are plenty of wonderful micellar cleansing waters on the market, but this version designed for babies is a constant winner. Since it’s designed for infants, it is safe to use on even the most sensitive or compromised of skins.
5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer ($8): Finding the perfect product to cover dark under eye circles is no east feat. Lucky for us, this $8 pen brightens and conceals with zero caking and settling into fine lines. And at this price, you can afford to keep one in multiple bags.
– Written by Casey Sharbaugh
*photo courtesy of @theglossarray
It may be harder than ever to find the motivation to exercise these days, but even moving for a few minutes will provide you with some much needed endorphins during this challenging time. To quote the astute Elle Woods: “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands, they just don’t.”
While going to your favorite workout class or gym is certainly out of the question, these five items will help you break a sweat all from the comfort and safety of your home:
1) Power Loops ($20): Affectionately known as “booty bands”, slip this loop around your ankles or above your knees to take your glute exercises up a notch.
2) Gliding Discs ($10): If you are a pilates devotee, discs like these are the closest you can come to replicating reformer exercises at home. Use them to do plank to pikes or lunges, and thank me later.
3) Ankle Weights ($17): Adding a light amount of weight to barre class-esque exercises can have a major impact. Even better, you can also tie these around your wrists for an arm routine.
4) Resistance Band ($15): There are countless exercises you can do with a singular band. Bicep curls, kickbacks, overhead press, etc.
5) Yoga Mat ($58): Having a cute yoga mat helps motivate you to use all of the aforementioned equipment. It’s the little things these days!
*photo courtesy of @victoriabeckham