tarte brings green beauty to the catwalk
Celeb makeup artist Tina Turnbow has launched her limited edition line for tarte just in time for Fashion Week in New York. While her clients include Claire Danes, Rachel Weisz and Amanda Peet, Tina turned her magic towards the runway for Lela Rose and Susan Woo last week. Check out Tina’s green chic inspiration and step-by-step below.
The moonlit eyes are mysterious, while the complexion and lips have a cloudy, hazy feel.
FOR EYES: Think of the eye as a rounded sphere or planet. The inner crease of the eye is darkened up to the brow with the shimmery deep blue gray (eyeshadow in lucy I’m home). The outer area is rounded, softly muted blackness. The center of the eye is the lightest, with darker edges (inner and outer corner of eye) ending in black (eye couture palette). Apply blue lagoon only in the center of the top and lower lids. Blend the blue into the gray and then into a bit of the black. There should be a bit of the blue and silver gray (eye couture palette) blended in the center of the lower lashline. Apply smolderEYES in the inner rim of the eyes. Top it off with a coat of lights, camera, lashes! mascara on the top and bottom lashes (no curling needed). Leave eyebrows-do not fill in. After finishing the eyes, clean underneath with the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer.
Tina wanted the face to “feel muted like a hazy, cloudy sky.” She created the look by using:
· the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer after applying shadows to
· smooth operator oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF 20
(one shade lighter than model’s complexion)
· provocateur pressed mineral powder
· t-zone travel
To cheeks add “just a touch of healthy blush” with:
· blissful natural cheek stain (warm peachy pink)
· powder over blissful with provocateur pressed mineral powder
Tina’s palette was “all about a healthy, dewy complexion.” To get the look:
• Spot treat problem areas and darkness with the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer.
• Apply smooth operator oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 all over the face.
• Using rest assured brightening wand apply the sheer pink highlighter on top of cheek bones, over lids before shadow application, on the bridge of the nose, on the cupid’s bow and in the corner of eyes.
• Apply natural cheek stain in dollface in a U-shape from top of lids to outer and under eye area (acting as an illuminator).
• Dab natural cheek stain in true love on apples of cheek for “just a hint of flush.”
• Highlight cheeks with natural cheek stain in dollface.
Kohl-rimmed eyes add emphasis without being too smoky. Using the eye couture day-to-night palette apply the shimmery deep gray and top with the silver sheen. Then line the inner rim and lash line with emphasEYES™ natural high definition inner rim eye pencil in black and emphasEYES™ waterproof clay shadow/liner smudge the top line. You want to create darkness around the lash line.
• Curl lashes with picture perfect lash curler.
• Coat top and bottom lashes with lights, camera, lashes! 4-in-1 natural mascara.
• Using the lash and mascara comb brush brows in an upward motion.
Finish off lips with “a healthy, natural, berry stain” with LipSurgence™ natural lip stain in moody (exclusive to Sephora)\
Check out the collection at tarte.com, beauty.com and at Sephora onlie and in stores now.