Tag:  fall collections 2012 Archives - Beauty Banter

Fall 2012: Kevyn Aucoin Beauty

By | makeup | 19 Comments

Collection: Kevyn Aucoin Beauty Fall 2012

Products Submitted:
The Pure Powder Glow
The Creamy Glow in Patrice $24
The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX02 $45
The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX04 $45
The Eye Shadow Duo #209 $42
The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Neutral $24
The Matte Lip Color in Everlasting $32
The Eye Pencil in Basic Black $24

Products Used:
The Creamy Glow in Patrice $24
The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX04 $45
The Eye Shadow Duo #209 $42
The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Neutral $24
The Matte Lip Color in Everlasting $32
The Eye Pencil in Basic Black $24

How To: I started by applying the white shadow in the duo to lid and brow bone. I used the black shadow in my crease and smoked out in the corners for a smoky eye. I used the black eyeliner to create a very thin line on upper lash line and in lower water line. The Sensual Skin Enhancer is a heavy duty cover-up (thick and creamy), so I applied under my eyes to brighten and clean up any of the miscellaneous black shadow. I dabbed my finger into the Creamy Glow in Patrice, a candy apple red cream blush, and lightly tapped onto the apples of my cheeks – this color is very vibrant, but if used sparingly, creates a beautiful flushed cheek. The neutral Lip Pencil was used to line my lips before applying the matte bright pinky-red lipstick.

Did You Know: If this bright lip is too colorful for your liking, try using the matte lipstick as a lip stain by applying with a gentle dabbing of the finger to the lip. Will give lips a hint of color instead of a full-on red lip.

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*This is the LAST of the 10 Collections, so VOTE NOW for your chance to WIN the GIVEAWAY!

Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: Dior Beauty’s Golden Jungle Collection

By | makeup | 5 Comments

Collection: Golden Jungle Collection

Products Submitted:
Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Golden Savannah 774 $59
Panther Eyeshadows and Lip Gloss in Golden Browns 002 $70
All-In-One Artistry Palette in Khaki Design 308 $59
Dior Addict Lipstick in Daring 962 $30
Dior Addict Lipstick in Wild 646 $30

Products Used:
Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Golden Savannah 774 $59
Dior Addict Lipstick in Wild 646 $30

How To: This look is about the eye, so I made sure to go big. I started with the middle shadow shade – a shimmery pale gold – and applied as the base, from lash line to brow bone. I used the gold color on the entire lid, followed by the light matte brown in the crease. I applied the dark brown shade to the corners and smudged under the lower lash line for a full eye (not necessarily smoky as I didn’t smoke out the top much). Lastly, I lined the upper lash line with the same dark brown hue by using the applicator that comes in the palette (a great trick that I learned from Megan McIntyre of Refinery 29. I used the sheer beigey-pink Dior Addict Lipstick on my lips as well as the apples of my cheeks, a genius trick that Violette, a Dior makeup artist, taught me while in Paris last year. For some added highlight, I dabbed my finger into the center shadow and applied to brow and cheek bones.

Did You Know: Using a palette really takes the guessing work out of choosing your complimentary shades – but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a dozen different ways to wear the colors. For example, try a daytime eye by nixing the dark brown hue all together. Or work a pale eye into the mix by simply covering your lid with the bright gold shadow and nothing else.

Fall 2012: Laura Mercier’s Cinema Noir Collection

By | makeup | 10 Comments

Collection: Cinema Noir

Products Submitted:
Eye Colour Duet in Suspense $22
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Ground Espresso $22
Shimmer Lip Colour in Fresh Brown $24
Shimmer Lip Colour in Passion Fruit $24
Long Lash Mascara in Burgundy $24
Shimmer Bloc in Starlet Mosaic $38

Products Used:
Eye Colour Duet in Suspense $22
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Ground Espresso $22
Shimmer Lip Colour in Fresh Brown $24
Long Lash Mascara in Burgundy $24
Shimmer Bloc in Starlet Mosaic $38

 How To: I started by applying the lightest color in the shadow duo from lid to brow bone. I used the deep maroon hue in my crease, smoking out and smudging under my lower lash line. I wet an eyeliner brush and dabbed into the cake liner then applied on my upper lash line with a slight wing at the end to create a “kitten eye”. The Shimmer Block acted as a multifunctional product: I used the lightest shade as a highlighter on brow bone and cheekbone (applied with my finger), and carefully mixed together all 4 shades with a blush brush to apply on my cheekbones for definition (great for shading too – just add the lightest shimmer under and over cheekbones and the darker colors on the apples). This seemed a bit dark at first, so I wiped off any additional color with a tissue and gently rubbed in the remainder with my fingers. The burgundy mascara was great fun – and eye popping! I focused on the tips of the upper lashes for a touch of color. Lastly, I applied the lipstick, a shimmery rosy-red to lips. This entire look screams “drama!”

Did You Know: Skip the shadow and just use the liner on top lashes for a less dramatic look. This cake liner makes it incredibly easy to do a cat eye, so have fun lining your lids!

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: Tarte’s Ombre Minerale Collection

By | makeup | 16 Comments

Collection: Ombre Minerale Collection

Products Submitted:
Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad in Brewed Awakening $22
Cheek Stain in Loving $30
Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara in Black $19
Pure Performance Lipstick in Playful $26
Pure Performance Lipstick in Pure $26

Products Used:
Amazonian Clay Eye Shadow Quad in Brewed Awakening $22
Cheek Stain in Loving $30
Pure Performance Lipstick in Pure $26

How To: I used the lightest shade in the eyeshadow quad and applied as a base from lid to brow bone. I then applied the shimmery bone hue to just the lid, followed by the lighter brown in the crease. The color was very light so I dabbed the darkest brown/black hue and layered on the crease and smudged lightly on the lower lash line for a subtle golden-brown smoky eye. I then used my finger to apply just the shimmery bone hue (second from left) on my brow bone as a highlighter. The cheek stain is a sheer pink and I used it  all over the apples of my cheeks for a natural pinky flush. I finished with a few coats of the Pure lipstick, a beautiful dusty rose hue. The archetypical dark eye, nude lip look.

Did You Know: For added nighttime drama, try Playful, the candy apple red lipstick. You can either keep the smoky eye, or simple apply the two lightest colors on lid and brow bone as a neutral eye with a bold lip.

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: Becca’s Balearic Love Collection

By | makeup | 28 Comments

Collection: Balearic Love Collection 2012

Products Submitted:
Balearic Love Palette (Eye Colour Palette) $45
Mineral Blush in Bolero $32
Line + Define Pencil in Cabrera $23
Eye Tint in Romanticism $24
Sheer Lip Tint Lip Colour in Valentina $24

Products Used:
Balearic Love Palette (Eye Colour Palette) $45
Mineral Blush in Bolero $32
Line + Define Pencil in Cabrera $23
Eye Tint in Romanticism $24
Sheer Lip Tint Lip Colour in Valentina $24

How To: I started with the lightest beige shade and applied from lid to brow bone. I used the golden brick hue in my crease and under my lower lash line. I dabbed a bit of the camouflage green shade in the corners of my eye for a deeper smoky look and created a very thin, smudgy line just above the top lashes (*I love colors in this palette – it is like an ode to fall with green, red, and beige shades!). I used the purple side of the eyeliner in the waterline of my lower lash line. The Eye Tint is a really great product solo, but here I used just a smudge starting from the inner corner of my lid and lightly pulling the color out. Next, was blush: Bolero went along the cheekbone to define and add color (as opposed to just flush the apples of my cheeks), a more dramatic approach. I finished with the Sheer Lip Tint in Valentina, a gorgeous sheer peachy-raspberry.

Did You Know: As with so many of these colorful shadow palettes, if you’re a bit intimidated to mix the colors, stick with one of the dark shades for a wash of color. First, apply the beige shadow as your base from lid to brow bone, then apply either the brick or the green hue on the entire lid. Use your finger, dab the shadow in the center of your eye, then gently work it out to the far corners and back in towards the inner corners. The point at which the shadow touches your lid (in this case, the center, directly above your pupil), will be the most pigmented. And shadow in the center makes eyes appear wider and brighter.

Fall 2012: NARS Cosmetics

By | makeup | 16 Comments

Collection: Nars Cosmetics Fall 2012

Products Used:
Trio Eyeshadow in High Society $45
Blush in Outlaw $28
Lipstick in Autumn Leaves $24

Products Used:
Trio Eyeshadow in High Society $45
Blush in Outlaw $28
Lipstick in Autumn Leaves $24

How To: I used the lightest purple shadow on just the lid followed by the deep violet on my crease and lower lash line, smoking out to create a smoky eye. I wet a stiff liner brush and dabbed it in the hunter green shadow to use as an eyeliner for my top lash line, creating a very thin line that hugged my lashes and ended right at the corner of my eye (I did not wing it at the edge). I applied Outlaw Blush, a pigmented soft rose, on the apples of my cheeks for a very flushed look. Autumn Leaves lipstick, a semi-gloss golden-orange, gave a punch of fall color to my lips.

Did You Know: For a creamier cheek (and to pull the look together), dab Autumn Leaves lipstick on the apples of your cheeks and blend as if it were a cream blush. You can use alone or mix with Outlaw to create a layered color confection!

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: Les Essentiels de Chanel

By | makeup | 22 Comments

Collection: Les Essentiels de Chanel

Products Submitted:
Illuminating Powder with Shimmer $65
Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Complice 93 $28.50
Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Slate 83 $28.50
Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Noir Intense 88 $30
Ultra Wear Lip Colour in Almandine 34 $34
Glossimer in Sweet Beige 297 $29.50
Pure Shine Intense Colour Long Wear Lip Gloss in Troublant 68 $32
Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Chic 73 $32.50

Products Used:
Illuminating Powder with Shimmer $65
Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Complice 93 $28.50
Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Slate 83 $28.50
Pure Shine Intense Colour Long Wear Lip Gloss in Troublant 68 $32
Glossimer in Sweet Beige 297 $29.50

How To: This look is very simple and wearable, which is precisely the point of the collection: the most essential products that one would need for their makeup bag. I started by applying the lightest shadow shade from lid to brow bone, then I used slate in the crease and a bit under the lower lash line for a very subtle smoky effect. I worked the illuminating powder into my cheek bones and, with my finger, applied onto my brow bones to highlight and lift. I finished with a layer of lip gloss in Troublant which was a bit too matte for the look, so I added Glossimer in Sweet Beige for a shiny nude kick.

Did You Know: You can give your eyes a glossy lid look by dabbing the Glossimer lip gloss on top of the shadows. These neutral colors lend themselves really well to the trend. Try it!

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: Tom Ford Makeup

By | makeup | 15 Comments

Collection: Tom Ford Makeup 2012

Products Submitted:
Eye Quad in Enchanted $75
Eye Quad in Emerald Lust $75
Cheek Color in Narcissist $55
Plum Absolute for Eyes
Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naviete $45
Lip Color in Aphrodisiac $48
Eye Defining Pencil in Exotic Teal $35

Products Used:
Eye Quad in Emerald Lust $75
Cheek Color in Narcissist $55
Plum Absolute for Eyes
Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naviete $45
Lip Color in Aphrodisiac $48
Eye Defining Pencil in Exotic Teal $35

 How To: For this look, I played with color: blue on the eyes, pink on lips and cheeks. I find an aqua blue smoky eye to be particularly alarming (navy and cobalt are most definitely easier shades to work with), but that is why I wanted to try this quad; *(the Enchanted quad is a range of pinks and reds which would’ve matched beautifully with the lips and cheeks). I started by covering my entire lid with the whitish-silver shadow, sweeping it up to my brow bone. Next came a mix of the green and turquoise and that covered just the lid. I used the darkest blue in the quad as my liner, lining the top and bottom lash lines and smoking outwards ever so subtly. I lined my inner water line with a wonderfully supple teal eyeliner pencil. For cheeks, I dabbed the blush brush into the powder and applied primarily on my apples, dusting toward my temples as I wanted the majority of color to be on the apples of my cheeks. Lips were a layering effect of a matte fuchsia with the glossy hot pink. To pull in the pink from my lips to my eyes, I made the thinest of lines on the outer corner of my top lash line with the Plum Absolute, a very hard cream liner/ shadow. In retrospect, I could have skipped this step as it really didn’t hold its own against all of that blue.

Did You Know: To stay on trend with a colored eye and alternating lip shade, skip the quad and simply use the teal liner to create a thin kitten eye on the upper lash line. This light pop of color will look lovely with the pink cheek and glossy lips. And Tom Ford liners are my absolute favorites – great pigment quality and so easy to use, they glide right on!

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: Giorgio Armani Easy Chic Collection

By | makeup | 18 Comments

Collection: Easy Chic Collection 2012

Products Submitted:
Luminous Silk Foundation in 6 $59
Face and Eye Palette in 1 $88
Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 1 $28
Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 2 $28
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Beige 111 $30
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Pink 526 $30
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Rouge 408 $30

Products Used:
Luminous Silk Foundation in 6 $59
Face and Eye Palette in 1 $88
Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 2 $28
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Pink 526 $30

How To: The Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is definitely a cult classic and I am just as in lust with it as the next giddy beauty obsessed girl. It does something to the skin that most other foundations don’t do – it illuminates, thus giving you a subtle glow (not that different from some of the illuminating products that you can mix into your foundations). Plus it offers exceptional coverage, so, naturally, I started there. Next was the eyes. This look was all about eyes. The palette boasts three shadows in an interesting color range of fall shades: an ivory, which I used as a base sweeping over my entire lid from lash line to brow bone; the khaki, which I used as a lid color from from lash line, stopping just at the crease; and the deep navy/ black hue, which I used as my crease and liner color, applying along the outer part of my crease and smoking out and under my lower lash line, smudging to add additional drama for my smoky eye. Note how the final look of the lid forms a gradient of color. The darkest shadow, or crease color, should never come further inwards than your pupil as you want the lighter shadows to come through in the inner corners of your eyes. Finishing the eye, I used the brown pencil on the lower inner water line. I decided to keep lips pale and chose a beautiful barely-there mauve-y pink. The top section of the palette boasts a very sheer and velvety face powder that is better used for contouring than anything else but, applied to cheeks it gives a hint of a rose hue. Again, this look is really about the fall shadow colors and the focal point is eyes, so cheeks are more for definition than exaggeration.

Did You Know: If the smoky eye is not your thing, or you want to use these colors for a daytime look, try the ivory as your base and the khaki as a light wash over your lids (TIP: apply with finger to control the amount of color), with a bit more emphasis on the crease. Skip the navy/ black shade entirely and you’ll still have a beautiful eye that is completely on trend with autumn’s seasonal color palette.

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!

Fall 2012: MAC Cosmetics Styleseeker Collection

By | makeup | 18 Comments

Collection: Styleseeker  Collection 2012

Products Submitted:
Eyeshadow x 2 in On The Hunt $27.50
Eyeshadow x 2 in Marche Aux Puces $27.50
Powder Blush in Worldly Wealth $20
Powder Blush in Supercontinental $20
Powder Blush in Hidden Treasure $20
Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Dark Diversion $15
Lipglass in Ready to Roam $15
Lipglass in Restless $15
Lipglass in Eclectic Edge $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Camden Chic $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Eden Rouge $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Delectable $15

Products Used:
Eyeshadow x 2 in Marche Aux Puces $27.50
Powder Blush in Hidden Treasure $20
Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Dark Diversion $15
Lipglass in Restless $15
Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Camden Chic $15

How To: I started by applying the golden shade of shadow in the Marche aux Puces duo to my lid, continuing with the burnt brick reddish hue along the crease. I smoked the burnt brick hue up and out just a bit so that when I applied the gel liner, it would blend better. I used a thin brush and, starting with a kitten wing (not a complete cat eye wing), I worked my way inward creating a thin line on my upper lash line. The gel liner is an extremely dark plum shade and, while you may think it would clash with the reddish undertones of the other products, it actually complimented them quite nicely (both shadow and liner have a hint of maroon in their color spectrum). The blush is highly pigmented in a red shade so I used a very small amount, dabbing my brush, blowing the excess, and applying from just under my pupils in an upward sweeping motion toward my hairline for a more dramatic effect. I finished with lips, using the Mattene lipstick in Camden Chic, again, a brackish red, but found it to be a bit too matte for the look, so I applied the Lipglass in Restless over the top, focusing on the center of my lips to add shine and punch. The result is not your average crimson red but a deeper, more vibrant red that actually matches the changing colors of fall’s leaves.

Did You Know: Colored eyes are big for fall, especially ones in the red color spectrum – burnt brick mixes reds, oranges and browns to bring you a wearable take on the trend. MAC’s duo shadows are  perfect for the woman who isn’t certain of her lid and crease color matches. Always use the lighter hue as your main, lid color, and the darker shade as your crease color. You can also apply the darker shade under your lower lash liner for a more traditional smoky eye. This lip pairing is my favorite in the collection, and sure to be a huge fall hit.