Sweatproof Your Summer Beauty
You can tell that summer has officially begun when your social media feeds are inundated with words like “melting” and “it’s too hot.” We wait 10 months for the season of sunshine, then, when it arrives, we complain. Sigh.
Sweat, oil, and humidity wreak havoc on even the most put-together beauty routine. The only way to fight it? Never leaving AC, obviously. Since that isn’t a practical option, here are our top ten products to get you through summertime, sweat-free.
1. On days when humidity is at an all time high, rely on Urban Decay Chill Cooling and Hydrating Makeup Spray ($31) to prevent your makeup from melting off your face two seconds after you step outside.
2. Lipstick can be tricky in the summer months. You want a pop of color to contrast your new tan, but the idea of anything too sticky or glossy can leave you rethinking the look. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Paints Lipcolor ($10) is smudge-proof and waterproof, and will stay on your lips through any temperature or summer debauchery.
3. Sunscreen is obviously a must everyday, but finding one with sheer-yet-matte coverage that doesn’t make us breakout can feel like unicorn hunting. Luckily, SkinCeuticals Physical Matte UV Defense ($34) achieves all that and more.
4. Speaking of matte, Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion ($46) stops grease in its tracks. Apply in the morning before sunscreen and makeup for slickness control all day long.
5. Heat styling in the summer is just miserable. Instead of pulling out our blowdryers or flat irons, we rely on Alterna Haircare Bamboo Beach Balm Air Dry ($22) for defined and textured waves with some tameness.
6. Sometimes air drying doesn’t go as planned, and our locks require a bit more control. Phyto Phytolisse Ultra-Glossing Finishing Serum ($30) calms flyaways and frizz with weightless ease. Also, major shine is an understatement.
7. On-the-go showering is the stuff that dreams are made of. The next best thing: Herban Essentials Peppermint Towelettes ($7) always come to the rescue.
8. On top of setting your makeup and reducing shine, Supergoop! Invincible Setting Powder ($30) adds extra protection against UVs and environmental irritants.
9. While waterproof formulas can be extremely effective, the best way to make sure your mascara stays in place is to use a tube formula (when the mascara essentially warps around each lash, forming a tube). Trish McEvoy Lash Curling Mascara ($31) is an all-time favorite that won’t budge or smudge through a heatwave.
10. If all else fails, rely on Pinch Summer Emergency Kit ($24). It has everything you didn’t think of… and then some.
Shop The Post:
-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com