Spring Ahead – Expert Color Tips
Spring is here (well, almost – but it sure feels like it)! An extra hour of daylight, sun, short-shorts and beautiful new hues!
We decided to ask an expert what makeup colors – and looks – we should rock this Spring.
Sephora’s Pro Beauty Team Expert and winner of the Sephora MVP Pro Challenge, Sara Biria, gave Beauty Banter an **exclusive interview** on all things Spring (she dishes out some fab tips!).
What is the overall spring color palette?
The overall spring color palette includes bright natural tones as well as romantic pastels. Greens, light pinks and oranges are very popular this season – shades that are not too bright or too soft.
For lips, it’s all about bright and matte or glossy and neutral, which is great because these colors will work well with any skin tone.
What will be the makeup focal point this Spring?
The focus this spring is to create balance all over. You want to highlight and add definition to the eyes using soft colors. Adding a nice pop of pastel fusion color on the cheeks will create a nice balance and soften your look. To complete the look, apply either a bright lip color or high shine lip gloss.
What are specific Spring trends and how can this translate into the real world?
This spring it’s all about enhancing your beauty by keeping the makeup natural, yet still defining your features. Keep eyebrows and eyes soft by staying away from harsh liner as well as too much color. Keep the skin clean and fresh, but don’t be afraid to try a bold lip color since the rest of your look is soft and natural.
5 must-have Spring products are…
1. Sephora Moroccan Eyeshadow Palette (pictured) – This color palette not only gives you the option to wear a day look, it also allows you to create the perfect night look. The colors are versatile so anyone can wear them.
2. Spring nails are as important as your spring make-up. You can update your nail collection with the five new candy shades from Sephora by OPI Digital Diva Collection.
3. YSL’s Pure Coral is a prefect shade for anyone who wants that extra pop. The gloss also comes fabulous shades of pink, orange and beige neutral.
4. Kat Von D for Sephora’s bright tone liquid liners
5. Kat Von D For Sephora’s high pigmented lipsticks.
Finally, you should never leave home without…
…something for your lips, whether it’s a lip gloss or lipstick. You also want to make sure to have a highlighter with you, like the Touche Clat from YSL or the Ohh la lift from Benefit. A highlighter can instantly pick you up and refresh the skin – great to use under the eyes, on the bridge of the nose and the chin.
P.S. I’m dying to try the OPI Digital Diva Collection… anyone sporting the hues?