Smashbox Spring 08… Sustainable Beauty

Uncategorized
By February 4, 2008 3 Comments

Smashbox Spring 08… Sustainable Beauty

So as any of my loyal readers know, I am an ardent believer in sustainable beauty. Helping the environment stay beautiful while helping ourselves look beautiful is a win-win for everyone.

The new Smashbox Green Room Products deliver just this.

So, how do the greenroom products actually help the environment???

“With the purchase of every GREEN ROOM product, a Moringa tree will be planted in a developing country by Trees for the Future. The Moringa or “Miracle Tree” is a powerhouse of nutritional value and provides a self-renewing food source for people in need. More trees also mean less soil erosion and cleaner air and water for a greener future…

All GREEN ROOM packaging is biodegradable or recyclable and all products are made with environmentally-friendly formulas.”

I actually had the chance to check out these products at L.A. Fall Fashion Week. I love the idea of them (environmentally friendly, biodegradable and recyclable)… just not sure if I love the actual delivery of the products… but you decide!

The Products:

HYBRID 2 IN 1 LUMINIZING PRIMER – Artificial light ion the inner tube and cult favorite, photo finish (primer) in the outer tube. Love this for barely there coverage and a fresh, dewy complexion. AND, the tube is recyclable!

GREEN ROOM BRONZER (with Moringa Seed Extract) – Bronzer on golden glow (light) or deep bronzer. Personally, I found the bronzer to be a little streaky, as it just seemed to shy away from a real “sun-kissed” effect. Although the compact is biodegradable and I’m digging that.

HYBRID 2 IN 1 COLOR & SHINE LIP GLOSS (with Moringa Seed Extract)- Color on this inside, gloss on the outside. Perfect for the no-fuss woman who likes to carry around just one lippy. When I tried this product, it totally confused me. I wasn’t able to navigate between the color and the gloss as it all sort of sprouted out at the same time. But, the pink lily color is divine – a kissable baby pink hue for the pout – if only the tube was more accessible (although it is recyclable!).

GREEN ROOM EYE SHADOW QUAD
(with Moringa Seed Extract) – 4 blendable shadows in a leaf pattern for contouring, highlighting and defining eyes. Blossom are pale pinks and mauves, bamboo are bronzes and greens. I was particularly impressed with the shape of the shadows… they aren’t separated like most quad compacts, but rather intertwined. And in a way, this makes blending and shading that much easier. I’ve always loved Smashbox shadows… my last favorite, the Head Shot trio, shattered into a million little pieces while en route to Colombia. That made me terribly sad. 🙁

Are YOU feeling the Green Room products?