Small Beauty Businesses to Support
To shop or not shop during this isolation period is certainly a hot topic. While there are compelling arguments for both sides of this debate, we’re in favor of supporting businesses we love (from home!!!) if you’re in a place financially to do so. Beauty is a tough business, especially for small and upcoming brands.
Below are a list of ten of the best in the biz if you’re looking to add some new products into your rotation. Having backups on hand is also never a bad idea! Even better, all of the brands in this list are fully or partially owned by women.
1. Rescue Spa: While you certainly can’t visit Rescue to get one of their out of this world facials (although Lead Esthetician Diana Yerkes is providing digital consults!), you can support Danuta Mieloch and her amazing staff by purchasing some of the best beauty products the industry has to offer via their website. We’re eyeing the Valmont Clarifying Pack ($230) and the NuFace Mini ($199) for at home facials.
2. HoliFrog: We wrote a love letter to all of HoliFrog’s cleansers a few months ago, and our feelings haven’t changed since. Don’t miss their most recent launch, Como Popp-E Renewal Scrubby Wash ($40).
3. Lord Jones: We love Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion ($60) for aches and pains (full review here), but are taking our CBD-game up a notch with the Lord Jones Old Fashioned Hemp-Derived CBD Gumdrops ($45) to help us sleep during this trying time.
5. rms beauty: Rose-Marie Swift’s Living Luminizer ($38) has been a cult favorite for years for good reason. You truly can’t go wrong with any shade, although Peach has been in high-rotation to give some life to our drab indoor skin.
7. Beauty Bio: With all of your newly acquired time on your hands, there is no time like the present to finally begin microneedling at home. Look no further than the GloPRO ($199). For more info on how to use this tool, check out this post.
10. SkinFix: If you’re a skincare nerd obsessed with ingredients, look no further than this brand. For times when we accidentally over-exfoliated, or we’re just feeling extra dry, their Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Hyaluronate Serum ($50) always does the trick.
– Written by Casey Sharbaugh