Shine Bright Like A Diamond: Best Highlighters For Fall (And Beyond)
We’re all on a quest for perfectly glowing skin from within. Unless you were seriously blessed in the genetic lottery of complexions, you’re going to need a hefty product to achieve that coveted, natural “inner glow.” Whichever consistency you choose – powder, cream, or liquid – this season, make sure to illuminate your favorite features with one of these fabulous highlighting products.
Here, a list of the best highlighters for fall (and beyond):
1. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38) – A creamy powder luminizer that comes in 5 glowing shades. Sweep onto your skin with the Limited Edition One Perfecting Brush ($49): focus on cheekbones, forehead, bridge of nose, chin, and even collar bones for a luminescent “inner” radiance. Try Champagne Gold, a soft warm gold shade that screams holiday.
2. Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Highlighting Powder ($52) – A subtle yet beautiful powder that gives your face an instant glow. Comes in two shades: Nude Radiance and Golden Radiance, both of which intensify light diffusion and give your complexion a healthy luster.
3. RMS Living Luminizer ($38) – A longtime favorite, this coveted cream will highlight on demand… by spot treating. The glossy sheen is a bonus adored by the likes of Gisele and Miranda Kerr. Dab onto brow and cheek bones and cupid’s bow.
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Illuminating Beauty Balm ($34) – You get the benefits of a beauty balm (coverage, anti-aging ingredients, smaller fine lines and pores) with the flashiness of an illuminizer. This oil-free formula is a go-to for pre-foundation application, but can also be used on its own for an entire complexion booster.
5. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow ($52)- As discussed in the dewy skin post, Wonderglow is an anti-aging, light diffusing cream that can be applied to the entire face (I suggest mixing it with a dollop of moisturizer to thin it out) to create an all-over glow. It has a sheen consistency and the formula offers a dab of shimmer for your highlighting pleasure.
6. Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen ($37) – YSL Touche Eclat ($43) seems to get all of the highlighter/ corrector love, but we’re sweet on Dior’s version. It literally melts into the skin to cover and luminize. Use this under eyes, on the sides of nose, and in an inverted V around the mouth. It’ll open up your entire face.