PFW Spring 2016 Beauty Trends To Try Today

PFW Spring 2016 Beauty Trends To Try Today

Paris Fashion Week may just be our favorite week of fashion month – and not just because we love French food (and men).  The shows in the city of lights have a certain je ne sais quoi.  While we adore everything about PFW runway shows (that showmanship!), we mostly have eyes for the beauty trends (duh!).  Here are our favorites, straight from the runway, to work into your everyday beauty routine:

1. Pastel Eyes –  Whether you choose to go big and bold like at Chanel, or more subtle with the peachy-pinks seen at Balmain and Lanvin, pastel eyes will make you forget about the changing weather.pastel eyesLike the look? Don’t wait, try: NARS Larger than Life Eyeliner in Barrow Street ($25) or Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Woodstock ($20).

2. Brushed Waves – Perfect curls and waves are far too done.  Instead, look to a more brushed-out, undone style like we saw at Sonia Rykiel, Hermes, and Stella McCartney.wavesLike the look? Don’t wait, try: SACHAJUAN Ocean Mist Texturizing Spray ($28) and Mason Pearson Handy Mix Brush ($150).

3. Your Lips… But Better – The right lip color may not be so obvious, but will rather have people asking “is she or isn’t she?” (as in, wearing lipstick). For inspiration, look to the puckers of the models at Tom Ford and Zuhair Murad.lipsLike the look? Don’t wait, try: Smashbox O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper ($26).

4. Hair Accessories – Even if you’re not quite feeling the obvious princess vibe at Saint Laurent, you can still rock the hair accessory trend with something more subdued as displayed at Dior.hair accessoriesLike the look? Don’t wait, try: Jennifer Behr Contessa Gold-Plated Swarovski Crystal Hair Slides ($215).

5. Red Lips – Natural not your thing? No problem.  A cherry red pout was the perfect complement to the clothes at Nina Ricci and Vanessa Seward, and will also be the perfect complement to your holiday attire!red lipsLike the look? Don’t wait, try: Laura Mercier Lip Parfait in Blood Cherry ($25)Images courtesy of Vogue.com

-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com