NYFW Trend Report: Do The Dew
As New York Fashion Week comes to a close, we’re revisiting the best beauty from the runway. Certain trends leave a lasting impression, meaning there’s no way we’ll be waiting until fall to try them out. One of our all time favorites was the dewy, glowy sheen seen at countless shows, from Baja East and Tory Burch to Carolina Herrera. Here’s how to get that look today.
Prepping is crucial for a radiant, not slick, appearance. At Maiyet and Self-Portrait, our fairy-glowmother, Tata Harper, used three key products to ready models. Hydrating Floral Essence ($68) refreshes and tones the skin. Rejuvenating Serum ($95) plumps and firms, and finally, Repairative Moisturizer ($105) smoothes and adds further hydration.
Once your skin is ready, it’s time to have some fun with makeup. Here are the must have products to achieve this look:
1. Wander Beauty Flash Focus Hydrating Foundation Stick ($40) will perfect your complexion without masking it.
2. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer ($38) is a cult highlighter for good reason. Tap it on your cheekbones and brow bones for a lit from within glow.
3. Milk Makeup Eye Vinyl ($20) delivers serious shine to your eyelid thanks to plenty of hydrating natural oils.
4. Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara ($16) gives your lashes natural length with a silky finish.
5. ARROW Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm ($14) adjusts to your personal pH for a “your lips but better” color.
Are you a dewy or matte gal? Let us know in the comments!
Images via vogue.com
-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com