Let’s Get Personal: Beauty Products Made Just For You
Finding the right beauty product can oftentimes feel even more challenging than finding the right life partner. While many products certainly work, they don’t necessarily feel awesome; something’s off: the color, the texture, the scent… If only we could make subtle changes to products, to make them more “us.”
Well, ladies, luckily brands seem to feel our plight, and they’re now offering customization for some of our favorite products.
1. Skin Inc. My Daily Dose Custom-Blended Serum Set ($90): Depending on your skincare concerns, pick three active serums to blend together for your own unique concoction. You’ll be able to do anything from hydrate and brighten to tone and balance.
2. Function of Beauty Shampoo & Conditioner (from $36): If your #hairgoals include wanting to defrizz while also adding volume, or protecting color while also clarifying, this personalized haircare company is your new best friend. After defining your hair type, you choose five hair concerns for your shampoo and conditioner to address. You then customize the scent, color of the formula, and even add your name to the bottle.
3. MatchCo Foundation ($50): After downloading their app, you scan five different areas of your skin with your phone for the exact shade match. Although we were skeptical of the effectiveness of this, we were shocked to see the perfect fit of the medium-coverage, oil-free formula once it arrived.
4. Bite Beauty Lip Lab (From $55): If you’re in NYC, Toronto, San Francisco, or San Jose, you can get all artsy and blend together a mixture of color combos to create a just-for-you lipstick. In addition to being completely in control of the color, you get to decide on the finish and opacity of the lipstick. Brilliant!
5. Mixologie Blendable Perfume Collection ($80): Sometimes, no matter how many perfumes you try, it just doesn’t feel quite right, or uniquely you. This kit allows you to mix-and-match until find something that suits your mood, or even your outfit. Create the scent that is uniquely you, and you’ll never have to endure that embarrassing moment when you and your boo’s ex-boo are wearing matching fragrances.
-Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com