Just One Thing: The Perfect White Tee
“Yup, in my white tee.” Okay, questionably catchy hip-hop lyrics aside, a white t-shirt is a quintessential wardrobe staple. Whether you wear one with boyfriend jeans, under a blazer, tucked into a skirt, or even under a dress for a more hipster look, a classic white t-shirt is something that no woman can – or should – live without. Although there are a plethora of perfect pairing options, finding the perfect style isn’t as simple (or abundant). The ideal white t-shirt must be roomy yet not baggy, opaque yet not too thick, soft yet not fragile, and drapey yet not sloppy. That’s a lot of requirements. While on the hunt for just one perfect white tee, we found five options worth exploring – and owning!
1. Our editor Sarah favors The Row Wesler Cotton-Jersey T-Shirt ($320). While definitely pricey, you will adore the fit and comfortable jersey material.
2. If you prefer a v-neck style, go with Everlane The Cotton V ($15). It’s crafted out of incredibly lightweight and soft Supima cotton and is flattering on a variety of chest sizes.
3. GAP Pure Body short-sleeve tee ($17) is the ideal fitting t-shirt for tucking into high-waisted pants or skirts. It’s so comfortable that you may find yourself wearing it to bed as well. Just make sure to add a bra before leaving the house; the opaque material can be on the see-through side (unless baring all is your thing).
4. During the dog days of summer, few fabrics feel better than linen. Topshop’s Linen V Neck Tee ($35) is a great companion to jean shorts or a maxi skirt. Unlike most linen, however, this shirt won’t wrinkle, even if you decide to wear it to an all-night dance party on the most humid day of the year.
5. To be worthy of the description perfect, a t-shirt has to lay just so. The T by Alexander Wang Classic T with Pocket ($85) does it all, and keeps you looking rocker-cool without trying too hard.
Casey Sharbaugh is the blogger behind www.comfortablycasey.com