How To: Bold Lip
(click “read more” for the video)
Tools Needed: Foundation, concealer sponge, nude lip liner, lip brush, bold lip color, tissue, petroleum jelly
What I Used: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 140, Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Nude Beige #1C, Make Up For Ever Lip Brush #3N, Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #36
1. Use a concealer on lips and around the mouth to fill in tiny lines and wrinkles. Also helps the lipstick stay on longer and creates a barrier so that it doesn’t bleed as easily.
2. Use a nude lip pencil the same shade as your lips and draw an outline following the natural curves of your lips. This will help to decrease feathering.
3. Choose your bold color and apply with a lip brush for precision.
4. Apply more color in the center of lip and less on edges to create the illusion of a larger lip.
5. Blot and do it again. This helps color stay on longer.
TIP: Coat your teeth with petroleum jelly to ensure that color doesn’t slide off .
*products courtesy of Make Up For Ever