How To: 80’s Hair

hair
By December 14, 2009 One Comment

How To: 80’s Hair

Baby got hair.

Where’s Jennifer Beals when we need her?

Sarah Jessica Parker debuted this 80’s Flashdance ‘do on the set of Sex and the City 2. While shoulder pads and knee socks are making a fashion comeback, it looks like big hair is no longer considered a beauty blunder.

Jen Atkin of the Andy Lecompte Salon says that “the 80’s are back. Think Weird Science, Kelly Lebrock wild hair.”

To achieve the 80’s tease, Jen suggests starting with Leonor Greyl Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice and a defusser to give your mane added volume. Then use a T3 3/4 inch curling iron once dried to define curls. Spray Rene Furterer Fixation Forte Strong Hold hairspray for hold and shine all over, including roots. Tease the hair, focusing on the crown of the head, with a Sheila Stotts Brush. Finish with another few mists of hairspray.

We have a feeling that this throwback ‘do is Aquanet’s dream come true.

Would you rock the look?

HL-sjp-80'shair.jpg