Girl Crush: Kat Dennings from ‘2 Broke Girls’

Girl Crush: Kat Dennings from ‘2 Broke Girls’

With a super cool new TV show (2 Broke Girls‘ by the super cool Whitney Cummings and even cooler Michael Patrick King – yep, of  Sex and the City fame) and a super cool and fresh look, Kat Dennings is taking girlie-coolness to an entirely new level.

Okay. I promise not to say cool again for the remainder of this post. (I think I ran up my cool quota).

At 26 (ish), she’s already had roles in movies like The House Bunny and Nick and Norah’s Infinite Play List, and a guest spot on ER, but with 2 Broke Girls, we’re banking on Kat becoming a full blown star (and style icon). She’s so awesome looking (I really wanted to use c**l, but I refrained) with her plump lips, bedroom blue eyes, dark hair and pale skin – she reminds me of a really hip Vampire mixed with a bit of Elvira. I’m thinking she’s on her way to becoming the poster child for the young, hip and unconventionally pretty (which is another reason that I’m crushing on her!).

Here are two looks from Kat – one is with understated makeup, the other is a dramatic, metallic phenom.

Get the Look: Understated

This is all about a matte lip and thick eye liner. A little rosy blush on the cheeks and you’re good to go.

Products to Try: Shiseido’s Perfect Rouge Glowing Matte in Wink, a deep beige/ light brown but still natural. CoverGirl Line Exact Liquid Liner in Black – the best and most affordable liquid liner that makes lining your lids easy breazey. Creates quite the cat eye, too. For the cheeks, try Smashbox Blush Rush in Flush, a petal pink/ dusty rose hue. Apply sparingly for the slightest, flirty flush.

Get The Look: Metallic Goddess

How fab is this face?! Metallicy bronzes for the eyes complimented by a metallic, shimmering brick red, slightly glossy lip. It’s so tastefully downtown-dramatic. Bold metallic against bold metallic – love, love, love it; inspiring! (May even wear a similar look tonight)!

Products to Try: For the eyes, go with Bobbi Brown’s Bronze Tortoiseshell Eye Palette, 8 shimmering hues ranging from gold to copper to bronze. Mix them up to create an overextended gilded smoky eye. As for lips, try Kat Von D Foiled Love Lipstick in Beranice, a metallic poppy red. To get the deeper brick shade, mix with Illamasqua Lipstick in Encounter, a matte brick red.

Which look are you loving?