For The Home: Seasonal Scents
There’s something about a burning candle that completely puts me at ease. Perhaps it’s the hypnotic flame, or maybe it’s the lingering scent. Either way, when it comes to the holiday season, I’m constantly burning fragrant candles in every room of my apartment. While I’m partial to sweet, tropical scents for summer, come fall and winter, I like my candles to ooze earthy, woodsy notes of pine, amber, and spices.
Here is a roundup of my favorite seasonal candles. Remember, a candle makes a lovely hostess gift, too!
1. Diptyque Orange Chai ($68) – Rejoice with this festive orange tumbler. The scent inside is just as jubilant… “A mellow but not sweet accord of orange, quince and a mixture of Indian spices.”
2. Lite + Cycle Bonafide Good Vetiver Candle ($36) – Think earthy with a lingering musk scent. “Cultivated in Haiti without pesticides or chemical fertilizers, this vetiver oil is steam distilled for safe aromatherapy.”
3. Paddywax Library Candle in Mark Twain ($25) – The amber glass tumbler lends itself to soy wax scented with rich vanilla and tobacco flower. The result is a bold, rather sweet fragrance.
4. 12.29 A Dark Affair ($150) – While the price tag may seem a bit steep, this deliciously scented candle comes in a gorgeous, reusable white porcelain tumbler. Top notes of incense, resinous amber, smoked woods and musk make this fragrant candle feel seasonally bold.
5. Jo Malone Pine & Eucalyptus Scented Candle ($65) – An earthy scent that captures the aroma of Christmas morning. Pine and Eucalyptus combine to bring a fragrance that is as “fresh as a forest in snow.”