Favorites: Spring Beauty by Kate Lee
1. CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Color SPF 15 – This lightweight powder foundation is so barely there, but adds a very subtle veil of luminosity, A brightening glow. Use it either on its own as a light uniforming base, or a few shades darker to make you look as though you have had a day in the sun without the damage. Seven fool proof shades.
2. Make Up For Ever Up Light Luminizer Gel – Springtime heralds fresh new blooms and bright clear days. For me, nothing says Springtime like luminous fresh complexion. Dump the tanning/gold shimmer this year and instead opt for a luminizing face gel to highlight the high planes of the face. 8 shades from pale to tan.
3. Becca Beach Tint – I love this product because its easy to use. Some tints are tricky to apply and impossible to remove but this one wont have your reaching for the remover. It comes in 8 shades and tastes delicious, perfect to add a little low-maintenance color.
4. Egyptian Magic – This is such a good product to have on hand all year round. It makes a great lip moisturiser, and you can use it for just about anything! Formulated with natural products such as honey and bee propolis, and containing no preservatives or parabens this product has natural antibiotic properties and helps to heal cuts and grazes like nothing else!
5. CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour in La Favorite– I just love this formulation! We have seen a lot of bright matte lips on the runway of late, Rouge Allure Velvet makes this look easy to achieve. La Favorite is a bright coral shade and my current favorite! You can use this formulation as a cream blush too.
6. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Just the thing to keep everything in place. It comes in four different formulas, one for each specific skin concern.
7. Epicuren Extra Fine Citrus Scrub – There is nothing like exfoliation to freshen up your skin texture. This product smells and feels divine and leaves your skin super smooth and ready for flawless makeup. Use three times a week to keep your skin fresh and bright.
8. Cle De Peau Beaute Intensive Brightening Mask – Designed to even out the skin tone and deeply hydrate, this mask is a decadent treat! I recommend using the mask when you have some time to yourself. Mainly so you can leave it on as long as possible, but also to avoid anyone having a Hanibal Lecter flashback.
9. CHANEL Sublimage Essential Comfort Cleanser – The gentlest most comfortable way to remove your make up without drying your skin. One small bead of this luxurious cleanser goes a long way. I like to use this before bed.
10. CHANEL UV Esstentiel Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – Hands down, the best daily sunscreen. Works amazingly well under make up and protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB.
*EXTRA* As a final hoorah for the eyes, I like to tint my lashes and brows during this time of year. It really defines your features and makes it possible to look pulled together with very little makeup. You can have your lashes and brows shaped and tinted at your local Benefit store.
— Chanel makeup artist Kate Lee, whose clients include Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightley and Rooney Mara.