Favorites: Seasonal Beauty Products
‘Tis the season! With Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas rapidly approaching, we’re feeling the holiday spirit. And nothing is more holiday than pine needles on a Christmas tree, candy canes above the mantle, cranberry, turkey, stuffing and.. pie (think apple and pumpkin). Did you know that many of these delicious ingredients have skin benefits too (well, except for the turkey and stuffing – you can leave that to your noshing).
With a treasure trove of olfactory delights, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite beauty products that scream HOLIDAY!
1. Arcona Cranberry Gommage Exfoliant ($44) – Cranberry is so much more than a compliment to your turkey! Many of the products in the Arcona range feature cranberry enzymes because of their high levels of antioxidants. This scrub is one of my favorites: all natural and effective at purifying, exfoliating and protecting.
2. Philosophy Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1 Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath ($17) – A sweet and fragrant cinnamon-infused shampoo, body wash and bubble bath that will quench your cinnamon urge, without the caloric intake.
3. Epicuren Pumpkin Apple Spice Peel ($47) – Pumpkin and apple make great pies, but they also combine to create this enzyme peel that detoxifies and removes dead skin cells. While it sounds like the perfect Holiday treat to eat, it’s also chock-full of anti-aging benefits.
4. Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Serum ($52) – An all natural serum that blends the powerful benefits of green apple, which are rich in antioxidants, with vitamin C and CoQ10 to brighten, tighten and prevent free radical damage.
5. Desert Essence Organics Hand Repair Cream Pumpkin Spice ($10) – Cold weather equals dry hands. This natural lotion is infused with pumpkin seed oil to heal, jojoba to moisturize and licorice to repair. Plus, it smells like a holiday pie!
6. Sara Happ The Lip Scrub in Peppermint ($24) – The beloved Sara Happ Lip Scrub comes in a spicy peppermint formula that exfoliates flaky skin while adding a refreshing pick-me-up. Think candy cane on overdrive.
7. L’Occitane Aromachologie Revitalizing Shower Gel ($30) – A seasonal mix of mint, pine and rosemary gives this shower gel an aromatherapeutic effect on the body — and the mind. The gentle formula lathers without over drying. A delicious holiday treat, indeed.