Favorites: Fall 2013 – Back To School (Or Work) Shopping List
I’m sad to report that summer is coming to an end (BOO!). Gone will be the days of beach hair, tanned skin and flushed cheeks. As the temps cool down, it’s time to rework your beauty look. In preparation for fall, Beauty Banter has put together a list of must-have beauty products to make the back to school (or work) grind a little less dismal.
1. Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner ($5) – Nothing screams fall quite like a kohl-rimmed eye, and Rimmel’s kohl eyeliner is up there with the HG of liners. Don’t let the inexpensive price tag fool you, this stuff is creamy, easy to apply, easier to smudge and packs some serious pigment.
2. MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Peach Lustre ($25) – A soft peachy glow to keep skin looking sun-kissed and dewy well into winter. The pen-like applicator allows for smooth application on cheek and brow bones.
3. Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in Jezebel ($18) – Remember Chanel’s Vamp? Well, this fall your nails can get a similar blood red finish with the new Marc Jacobs Beauty polish in Jezebel, a high-shine black cherry red. Also loving Evelyn, an opaque smokey grey that will look fabulous with your charcoal smokey eye.
4. Becca Bronzing Skin Perfector ($36) – If you’re like me then you’ll want to keep your complexion of the golden color range well into fall. Becca’s lightweight gel offers the perfect natural sheen and the shade is universally flattering. Use alone or mix in a dollop with your favorite foundation for added coverage.
5. Chanel Cream Blush in Revelation ($38) – Part of their Fall 2013 collection, this powder-cream blush provides vibrant color while maintaining long-lasting wear. The pinky-coral hue will give all skin tones a healthy flush.
6. Laura Mercier ‘Rouge Nouveau’ Weightless Lip Color in Muse ($24) – Wine colored lippies are a massive fall must-have and this shade will keep you on-trend long through the season. If you’re frightened of the bold berry hue, try dabbing on lips and creating a sheer stain.
7. Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No 5 ($30) – I dedicated an entire post to these fabulous nude lippies, but our back to school beauty list wouldn’t be complete without at least one nude hue. Dark eyes, light lips, can’t lose! Number 5 is my favorite because it’s a golden-peach hue that basically looks fantastic on all skin tones.
8. Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara in Vision in Violet ($6) – The cult classic mascara is adding some color to its game. Inspired by fashion week, these 6 limited edition colored mascaras will bring the bold to your look. Violet looks great with all eye colors and all skin tones but Blink Of Blue would be my second choice as blue makes the white of your eyes whiter. TIP for wearing: Try black mascara on top lashes and a colored shade just on bottom.
9. PERFEKT Skin Perfection CC Créme SPF 30 ($42) – CC Creams were the rage all summer and the trend doesn’t seem to be dying down this fall. While colder weather is usually indicative of more coverage, this fall is about dewy skin – and nothing gives a natural, dewy effect like a CC Cream. The Per-fekt CC Cream offers buildable coverage and hyaluronic microspheres to hydrate the skin and soften the appearance of fine lines.
10. YSL City Drive Palette in Arty ($55) – Another fall trend is the smokey grey eye. While this palette comes complete with a pop of neon green and an electric blue shade, the greys can be mixed together for a classic charcoal eye or used in conjunction with one of the colorful hues. So many choices, so many fall fashion parties!