Fall Organic Must-Haves From Celebrity Makeup Artist Katey Denno
1. Kjaer Weiss Lip Tint Compact in Goddess – The perfect fall lip color. It’s a deep but super cheerful pop of cherry red with burgundy tones, and you can apply it as a sheer stain with a hint of emollience, or add multiple layers to deepen the intensity.
2. Dr. Haushka Translucent Bronze Concentrate – As your tan begins to fade and you need a reminder of the way you glow during the summer, this sheer fluid bronzing liquid can recreate the look without the flat, matte effect that bronzing powders often give. You can apply it straight from the bottle, or mix it with your moisturizer for an overall glow.
3. RMS Beauty Oil – It’s often hard to find a face oil that’s not flowery or citrus smelling, but when the season changes, I like to switch my beauty products along with it. This face oil sinks in quickly, never leaving you looking slick, and has a delicious warm scent that reminds me of sugar cookies baking (perfect for fall).
4. Sheswai Nail Lacquer in ‘Totally’ – A luscious plum berry that looks great with fall colored clothing and makes me happy. It’s how I say goodbye to the bright cheery pops of summer’s orange and hot pink while still showing off an intense color.
5. Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi Use Blush Stain in Lure – A warm red with rich brown undertones. The texture, and even the scent of Vapour’s products is great, and this one definitely stays on the skin longer than most other green brands cheek and lip colors. It’s a warm red/brown that I love to use on clients and models, but it’s definitely not a spring or summer shade. It makes the colder weather fun for me!
6. Burt’s Bees Lip Gloss in Autumn Haze – The perfect peachy pink to pair with a lightly smoked eye.
7. Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm – Tammy Fender makes such magical products. This balm is extremely rich and like nothing else I”ve ever used. It’s full of everything nourishing for your skin, smells heavenly and different than everything else in my arsenal, and will plump up skin like nothing else. It also has an incredible effect of restoring the intensity of faded tattoos!
8. Lina Hanson Global Body Serum – The most delicious smelling body oil for getting skin back into perfect condition.
9. Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Fruit and Seed Oil Blend – This stuff takes care of summer’s worst by-products: hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and sun damage.
10. Alima Pure Loose Pigment Eyeliner in Paparazzi and Espresso – First, put down a thin line of Paparazzi, a rich warm brown shimmer, smudge gently with a q-tip. Then tight-line Espresso, a matte deep rich brown along the top lashes for the perfect brown, slightly smokey, defined eye.
— Celebrity Makeup Artist Katey Denno, who has worked with Isla Fisher and Amanda Seyfried.