was successfully added to your cart.

Fall 2013 Trend: Dewy Skin

trends
By September 27, 2013 6 Comments

Fall 2013 Trend: Dewy Skin

dewy skin for fall

“Skin, skin skin! Skin is always in. For fall it’s dewy with and a darker matte lip smudged liner and a contoured cheek,” says Celebrity Makeup Artist Marina Gravani, whose clients include Dianna Agron, Lea Michele, L’Wren Scott, and Nikki Reed. “Who says fall needs to be matte skin? If you’re following a trend you’re not creating one. Keeping the lip matte will put even more accent on the dewy skin. I like skin to look even and beautiful but radiant. To give the skin radiance I like to use illuminating cream/ liquid highlighters, tinted moisturizers, or light reflecting powders.

There are many different approaches you can use in creating the dewy look. I prefer Laura Mercier’s Illuminating Tinted Moisturizers, Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, or Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer Kitten Shimmer  mixed into a foundation, or spotted just on top of the cheekbones. Go without powder in the areas that you want the dewiness. To create all-over dewy skin in seconds, simply mix Laura Mercier’s Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer with your regular foundation. You can also apply it over foundation for a specific area like on the cheek or bridge of nose.

For the powder highlighters, I like to add them last so you can decide exactly where you would like the sheen to be. It could be above the cheek bone, or on the apples of the cheeks and dusted all the way back to the hairline. I like to use a smaller ended brush for this so I can really be precise. Try  Chanel’s Poudre Signee de Chanel Illuminating Powder. You’ll want to add some contrast to the highlighted areas by adding darkness under the cheekbone. Feel for the dip in between your cheek bone and jaw and that’s where you apply bronzer for a sculpted cheek bone.

For contrasttpowder, I like Tom Ford Beauty Bronzing Powder in Terra. It’s matte so it gives great contrast to the dewy skin, making the sculpted cheekbone pop. This should never be done with a shimmery bronzer as it bounces off the light and won’t give you the contrast you need for the sculpted effect.

To spot treat with a highlighter, try Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Pearl or Gold. Using your finger, pat the highlighter directly onto the cheekbone as well as under the brow. This will add light to the face and make for beautiful radiance. A cream illuminator can be used on the cheek bone after foundation for a wet shiny look and it can also go above the brow for a youthful glow. Powder can be used the same on the cheek bone just over the cheek after blush for a radiance.”

.