Fall 2013: Laura Mercier Dark Spell Collection

makeup
By September 9, 2013 3 Comments

Fall 2013: Laura Mercier Dark Spell Collection

Collection: Laura Mercier Dark Spell Fall 2013

Products Used:
Baked Eye Colour – Wet/ Dry in Magical $22
Satin Matte Eye Colour in Dark Spirit $24
Kohl Liner Extreme (*favorite*) $24
Lip Plumper in Charmed $30

How To: I created the classic smoky eye, nude lip look which is a constant fall staple. I started with the eyes, using Magical, a shimmery white shadow as a base, from lash line to brow bone. I mixed a dab of water into the shadow to create a pasty gunmetal shade, and applied that on the lid. I used the Dark Spirit, a matte black shadow in the crease and on the lower lash line, and created a kohl-lined cat eye with the Kohl Liner Extreme, a highly pigmented black liner that applies with the ease of a Crayola Crayon. Finally, I applied a few coats of Charmed, a peachy nude gloss which gives the look a bit more panache than merely a matte nude lip.

Did You Know: If you add water to the Wet/Dry shadow (I did so with my finger), it’ll turn into a paste-like consistency that will last hours longer. Using the white shadow as a base and to highlight the brow bone, I then wet my finger and mixed it around the black lines on the white shadow to create a shimmery grey shade that would look wonderful on its own, an ode to the gunmetal eye of the season!

You can also skip the shadows and go for a classic cat eye with the Kohl Liner Extreme (my favorite product in this collection). It applies effortlessly and smudges rather easily.

Model: Actress Byrdie Bell. Follow her at @Byrdiebell

*Unless otherwise noted, I used, Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in 1 on face to even out the skin tone (coverage is in between a concealer and a foundation), Lancôme Definicils Waterproof Mascara in Black, and RMS Living Luminizer to highlight brow and cheek bones.