Fall 2013: Cargo Cosmetics

makeup
By September 11, 2013 9 Comments

Fall 2013: Cargo Cosmetics

Collection: Cargo Cosmetics Fall 2013

Products Used:
Look 1 –
Essential Lip Color in Bordeaux $22 (favorite)
Eye Shadow in Pasadena
Eye Shadow in Shanghai
Look 2 –
Essential Lip Color in Punta Cana $22
Eye Shadow in Pasadena
Eye Shadow in Shanghai
Eye Shadow in Moreton Bay (favorite)

How To: I did two different looks with this collection. For the first look, I was going for a light wash of color and a dark lip. I applied Pasadena eyeshadow, a pinky-mauve, all over the lid and layered it with Shanghai, a shimmery violet, to give a bit more color and definition. I used Bordeaux lipstick, a wine shade to complete the look.

The second look was a violet smokey eye and bold lip. Staying with the shadows I used on the first look, I added Moreton Bay, a deep purple, to the crease and lower lash line. For lips I switched out the berry lip for a bold fuchsia, using Punta Cana.

Did You Know: Purple can be considered a neutral(ish) hue when it comes to eye makeup. It looks good on almost all skin tones and eye colors. Make sure to stick with purple shades that have a bit of a deeper undertone, as opposed to bright, to create a wearable violet eye.

Also, don’t be afraid to match a dark eye with a bright lip… it’s one of fall’s most alluring beauty trends!

*Unless otherwise noted, I used, Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in 1 on face to even out the skin tone (coverage is in between a concealer and a foundation), Lancôme Definicils Waterproof Mascara in Black, and RMS Living Luminizer to highlight brow and cheek bones.