Fall 2012: Laura Mercier’s Cinema Noir Collection

makeup
By October 17, 2012 10 Comments

Fall 2012: Laura Mercier’s Cinema Noir Collection

Collection: Cinema Noir

Products Submitted:
Eye Colour Duet in Suspense $22
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Ground Espresso $22
Shimmer Lip Colour in Fresh Brown $24
Shimmer Lip Colour in Passion Fruit $24
Long Lash Mascara in Burgundy $24
Shimmer Bloc in Starlet Mosaic $38

Products Used:
Eye Colour Duet in Suspense $22
Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Ground Espresso $22
Shimmer Lip Colour in Fresh Brown $24
Long Lash Mascara in Burgundy $24
Shimmer Bloc in Starlet Mosaic $38

 How To: I started by applying the lightest color in the shadow duo from lid to brow bone. I used the deep maroon hue in my crease, smoking out and smudging under my lower lash line. I wet an eyeliner brush and dabbed into the cake liner then applied on my upper lash line with a slight wing at the end to create a “kitten eye”. The Shimmer Block acted as a multifunctional product: I used the lightest shade as a highlighter on brow bone and cheekbone (applied with my finger), and carefully mixed together all 4 shades with a blush brush to apply on my cheekbones for definition (great for shading too – just add the lightest shimmer under and over cheekbones and the darker colors on the apples). This seemed a bit dark at first, so I wiped off any additional color with a tissue and gently rubbed in the remainder with my fingers. The burgundy mascara was great fun – and eye popping! I focused on the tips of the upper lashes for a touch of color. Lastly, I applied the lipstick, a shimmery rosy-red to lips. This entire look screams “drama!”

Did You Know: Skip the shadow and just use the liner on top lashes for a less dramatic look. This cake liner makes it incredibly easy to do a cat eye, so have fun lining your lids!

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!