Fall 2012: Giorgio Armani Easy Chic Collection

makeup
By September 20, 2012 18 Comments

Fall 2012: Giorgio Armani Easy Chic Collection

Collection: Easy Chic Collection 2012

Products Submitted:
Luminous Silk Foundation in 6 $59
Face and Eye Palette in 1 $88
Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 1 $28
Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 2 $28
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Beige 111 $30
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Pink 526 $30
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Rouge 408 $30

Products Used:
Luminous Silk Foundation in 6 $59
Face and Eye Palette in 1 $88
Waterproof Smooth Silk Eye Pencil in 2 $28
Lasting Satin Lip Color in Pink 526 $30

How To: The Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is definitely a cult classic and I am just as in lust with it as the next giddy beauty obsessed girl. It does something to the skin that most other foundations don’t do – it illuminates, thus giving you a subtle glow (not that different from some of the illuminating products that you can mix into your foundations). Plus it offers exceptional coverage, so, naturally, I started there. Next was the eyes. This look was all about eyes. The palette boasts three shadows in an interesting color range of fall shades: an ivory, which I used as a base sweeping over my entire lid from lash line to brow bone; the khaki, which I used as a lid color from from lash line, stopping just at the crease; and the deep navy/ black hue, which I used as my crease and liner color, applying along the outer part of my crease and smoking out and under my lower lash line, smudging to add additional drama for my smoky eye. Note how the final look of the lid forms a gradient of color. The darkest shadow, or crease color, should never come further inwards than your pupil as you want the lighter shadows to come through in the inner corners of your eyes. Finishing the eye, I used the brown pencil on the lower inner water line. I decided to keep lips pale and chose a beautiful barely-there mauve-y pink. The top section of the palette boasts a very sheer and velvety face powder that is better used for contouring than anything else but, applied to cheeks it gives a hint of a rose hue. Again, this look is really about the fall shadow colors and the focal point is eyes, so cheeks are more for definition than exaggeration.

Did You Know: If the smoky eye is not your thing, or you want to use these colors for a daytime look, try the ivory as your base and the khaki as a light wash over your lids (TIP: apply with finger to control the amount of color), with a bit more emphasis on the crease. Skip the navy/ black shade entirely and you’ll still have a beautiful eye that is completely on trend with autumn’s seasonal color palette.

*Unless otherwise noted, face makeup is: Make Up For Ever HD FoundationRMS Beauty “Un”Cover-Up in #22. Brows are Anastasia Brow Pencil in Brunette and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Mascara isLancome Definicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.

*Like the look? Leave a comment below and tweet @beautybanter with your favorite looks! We will be choosing one winner and gifting a massive fall 2012 beauty goodie bag after we have unveiled all 10 brands and their looks… more details to come, but start by leaving a comment and tweeting to us your favorite looks!