Earth Day Essentials
It’s the official day to celebrate Mother Earth! And that means treating the planet – and your skin – to chemical-free, natural alterantives. Eco products and sustainable living have long been a passion of mine. Combine the two, and you’ve got sustainable beauty. Here are 10 organic and natural products that every beauty enthusiast needs to own. *Note: I absolutely love each and every one of these products… tried, tested and approved!
1. Arcona ‘Brightening Gommage’ Exfoliator ($52) – The entire line delivers big results with the help of cranberry, a natural antioxidant. This scrub synergistically promotes deep exfoliation while visibly improving skin’s balance, tone and clarity. Reduce the appearance of uneven pigmentation and scaring with ascorbic acid and skin-lightening daisy extract.
2. Amazon Beauty Rahua Shampoo ($32) – A powerful, color-safe shampoo sans the bad stuff (sulfates, parabens and the like), that is a favorite of Gwyneth Paltrow. Quinoa, a gluten free super-food indigenous to South America, promotes healing and moisture retention. Coconut and shea butter (betaines) safely, gently and effectively remove oil, dirt and bacteria without stripping necessary nutrients.
3. Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask ($55) – A gel-like mask that purifies and exfoliates. Ideal for acne-prone skin. Pomegranate enzymes remove dull and blemished skin cells, Pink French Clay deeply cleanses the pores, tones and moisturizes, and White Willow extract exfoliates, controls sebum levels and helps counteract aging with its anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Sponge Ladi Avokanto ($60) – An incredible mix of avocado and olive oil oils give skin a radiant, healthy glow. Ingredients include intense firming and restorative benefits of avocado with smoothing vitamin D and antioxidant vitamin E; safe for all skin types.
5. ($7) – These all natural waters come in a variety of scents but I find rose to be perfect for spring. Contains Vor-Mag Water, water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial.
6. Dr. Hauschka Melissa Day Cream ($40) – A holistic, harmonious, calming cream for combination skin. Lemon balm balances skin while extracts of anthyllis, carrot, witch hazel and English daisy soothe, soften and even the complexion.
7. Weleda Sea Buckthorn Replenishing Body Lotion ($17) – A light and creamy body lotion that soothes and refreshes. Ingredients include organic sea buckthorn’s natural vitamins, carotene and unsaturated fatty acids, which support your skin’s vital barrier functions. Combined with organic mallow extracts, shea butter and macadamia seed oil it helps dry skin regain its vitality and look smoother and softer.
8. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Coconut ($18) – Free of aluminum, this deodorant comes in 8 vanilla-based scents that will keep you smelling fresh where it counts. They use beta-glucan technology to effectively fight odor while soothing, conditioning, and strengthening the skin.
9. RMS Lip2Cheek in Smile ($36) – I am obsessed with this entire line (the Un-Cover Up and Living Luminizer are both staples in my beauty bag – and should be in yours, too). Lip2Cheek is a unique formula that combines hydration and protection with abundant mineral color. Smile is a coral hue, perfect for spring and summer, to be used on both lips and cheeks for a pop of natural color.
10. Dr. Alkaitis Universal Mask ($50) – I first learned about this product from makeup artist Katey Denno who says “This green mask is truly therapeutic – it soothes, nourishes, and calms my skin when it’s inflamed or broken out.” Made with grass and other earthy nutrients, this powder mask turns hard once water is added to it. For the full benefits, you must keep the mask moist.