Doing the Most: 10 Beauty Treatments to Try at Home
Since everyone has a lot more free time in the comfort of their homes these days, it’s the perfect time to try out some more intensive beauty treatments that were previously tossed aside. While certainly a bit extra and perhaps even slightly over the top, all ten of these suggestions deliver in a major way. You may even find yourself liking the results so much that they stay a part of your routine post-quarantine.
1. Exfoliating Foot Mask: Since normal pedicure appointments are a thing of the past, this is the perfect time to try out Baby Foot ($25). This potent formula will remove all calluses and dry skin for ridiculously smooth feet.
2. LED Face Mask: Sitting around with an LED mask on during normal times? No way. Sitting on the couch or working from home while wearing a mask during quarantine? Why not! The Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare SpectraLite FaceWare Pro ($435) has 162 LED lights (both red and blue) to destroy acne-causing bacteria while also boosting collagen production.
3. Chemical Peel: Is anyone else wishing they got a more intensive dermal treatment that requires some downtime before isolating? The next best thing is a gentle yet powerful chemical peel like the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance AHA Intensive Peel ($32) to smooth, tighten, and clarify your visage. And since we’re barely going outside, we don’t have to worry about the possible sun sensitivity directly after using it.
4. Lip Mask: The changing of the seasons hasn’t been doing any favors for our puckers, so an intensive mask like the KNC Beauty Lip Mask ($25) has been a welcome reprieve. An added perk is that it’s one of the few things that can keep us from mindlessly eating these days since you can’t move your mouth while it’s on!
5. Scalp Mask: Our scalps are often seriously neglecting TLC, but we are remiss to ignore the source of healthy locks. The Philip Kingsley Trichotherapy Stimulating Scalp Mask ($29) is filled with essential vitamins and minerals to balance your scalp and promote healthy re-growth.
6. Underarm Mask: By this point you’re definitely thinking, “a mask…for my armpits?” Hear us out. If you’re a natural deodorant user, you may be familiar with the dreaded “detox” period to rid your underarms of the toxins that have been building up there for years. megababe Happy Pits Detoxifying Underarm Mask ($16) speeds up this process to draw out impurities, while also making the area smoother and brighter overall.
7. Body Peel: Summer will be here…eventually. And when we finally feel the sweet light of day again, it would be nice to have a smooth body. Stacked Skincare TCA Multi-Acid Body Peel ($125) has five different powerful acids to address everything from dark spots to body acne, yet is gentle enough for even sensitive skin.
8. Self-Tan: Speaking of getting our bodies ready for summer…is anyone else’s skin looking a bit sallow these days? After just one use, Isle of Paradise Glow Clear Self-Tanning Mousse ($29) imparts a natural glow from head to toe. Even better, it doesn’t transfer to clothes or have an offensive smell.
9. Gua-Sha: If staying at home has you looking a bit puffier than normal thanks to stress eating or having an extra glass of wine, there is no time like the present to try Gua-Sha. The Odacite Crystal Contour Gua Sha Beauty Tool ($45) will lift and smooth your skin, and you’ll find the extra few minutes you spend doing it to be blissfuly serene and relaxing.
10. Teeth Whitening: Eventually you will see the outside world, and when that happens you’ll want your smile in tip-top shape. Since dentist visits these days should be reserved for emergencies, try out Crest 3D White Strips ($60). The results are comparable to an in-office treatment, and for a fraction of the price.