DIY Cheetah Print Manicure With MAC’s Keri Blair
Remember this amazing DIY nail art post? Well, we’ve once again enlisted nail junkie, Keri Blair to give us another one of her fabulous manicure tutorials. Says Kerri, “Summer is all about fun bright prints! This manicure is the perfect accessory for a fun night out on the town or for sitting poolside. The great thing about an animal print is that it’s always on trend. By using pops of pink and orange the result is a trendy twist to a fashionable classic.”
Cheetah Print Manicure
What You’ll Need:
Small liner brush
Piece of foil
3-4 polishes (one needs to be black)
1. Prep, file and shape the nail.
2. Apply your favorite base coat.
3. Apply two coats of your base color. M·A·C Nail Lacquer in Quiet Time was featured here. Let it dry completely. (PRO Tip: use an angled brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the cuticle area. Try M·A·C’s 266 Small Angled Brush. )
4. Place a few drops of polish on the foil. Using your dotting tool (you can also use a dull pencil or a bobby pin), create small, odd shaped dots in various places on the nail. M·A·C Nail Lacquer in Steamy and Morange are featured here.
5. Place a few drops of black polish onto the foil. Use a small paintbrush or eye liner brush to add black “C” shapes around your dots. You can also add a few arbitrary black spots in between your cheetah spots. M·A·C Nail Lacquer in Nocturnelle was featured here.
6. Seal your design with M·A·C’s Overlaquer topcoat.
*images courtesy of Keri Blair. Check out her nail blog, here.