was successfully added to your cart.

Category:  body

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | body | One Comment

What a great way to start off the week, but with a WEEKLY MUST-HAVE!

I don’t know about everywhere else in the world, but LA weather has been acting crazzzy… (I’d be an idiot not to assume that it has somehting to do with global warming). It actually rained yesterday and the day before! There’s no RAIN in AUGUST… not in LOS ANGELES… come on, weather man!

With the fickle weather comes the fickle skin… one minute it’s hydrated and shining, the next it’s dry and flakey.

So, I decided to try my brand new Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Firming Body Souffle. It’s a whipped body cream so thick and luscious that even the driest of skin will feel quenched! This cream was designed with anti-aging benefits in mind… not only does it even out skin tone, it also softens the rough spots like feet and elbows, virtually “plumping” your skin with a moisturizing barrier.

The ceramide plumping cream also comes in a facial moisturizer with SPF 30… that’ll be next week 🙂

GapBody Introduces Bath & Skin Products

By | body | 3 Comments

It was only a matter of time before insanely popular mainstream clothing company, The Gap, launched a bath line. After all, look at how successful Victoria’s Secret bath line has become…

Welcome GapBody’s Bath & Skin Collection. With 8 scents and 9 products (that makes 72 total!), these skin nourishing wonders are going to leave you begging for more! And the packaging looks hand-crafted and subtle, perfect to display on your tub or shelf, not hide away in the medicine cabinet!

Here are the Products:
mini hand cream ($4.50)
shower gel ($9.50)
hand cream ($10.50)
body scrub ($11.50)
body lotion ($12.50)
bath salts ($14.50)
body cream ($16.50)
body mist ($16.50)
bath oil ($18.50)

Scents:
raincheck (cactus flower, hyancinth petals, crushed green leaves)
sugarsnap (pear flower, lotus, white woods, musk)
loveshack (raspberry, passion fruit, honeysuckle, jasmine water)
peacetrain (lavender, chamomile, green tea, sandalwood)
nightfall (tiger lily, ambers, oriental incense, dark woods)
island hop (coconut water, pineapple puree, hibiscus, white amber)
moonwalk (creamy paperwhites, vanilla orchid, nubuck suede, clean musk)
sunnyside (white peach nectar, pink grapefruit tonic, honeysuckle, blonde woods)

I tried the raincheck bath salts and shower gel and the moonwalk body cream. The bath salts were by far my favorite… they provided a beautiful bath time with a great aroma. The body cream and shower gel were a little too potent for my liking so I mixed them with Vitamin E (a little trick to dillude the scent) and they suited my taste much better!
Next to try: the body oil!

Let us know if you’ve used any of the products and, if so, what you thought?

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | body, weekly must-have | One Comment

There are some products that you use – for a couple of weeks or months at a time – and then you throw them into a drawer and never think of them again. Soon, said product is replaced by the newer, perkier, more colorful version.

Okay, okay. Yes, I too, am responsible for fleeting product love… Love today, not tomorrow.

But then there are those very few, special products that become cult staples in your beauty routine.

May I introduce Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream, the creme de la creme of creams! I’ve been a fan of this product for years now… ever since traveling to Europe and discovering the balm in a duty free shop.

It is the end all to all things chapped – lips, knuckles, cuticles, feet, you name it! It’s been a beauty insider’s secret for years – models use it on their legs and tummies during swim suit shoots to add a very believable and gorgeous slimming sheen to their hot bods! Also great on cheekbones to add a little glimmer of shine – accentuating the bone, making cheeks look chiseled.

And the cream really does stay on for hours – make that, 8 hours. I use it when I fly prior to boarding the plane – and by the time I land in NYC, my lips are still soft and kissable!

AND, thanks to the genius minds over at Elizabeth Arden, we can now get the Eight Hour Cream in a hand treatment AND a body treatment… both equally as divine as the original!

This is one product you will ALWAYS want on you!

A few of my favorite things…

By | body, favorites, makeup | 7 Comments

I’ve decided that each month I’m going to do a post of a few of my favorite beauty “things” from that month…
As always my fellow beauty whores, if you have suggestions or recommendations, let us know by leaving a comment in the comment box below!

ReVive Lip & Perioral Renewal Cream: Why? Because it restores the moisture in my lips like no other lip cream out there. It’s also meant to be used around the mouth to nourish and fill in cracks, lines and wrinkles. It’s the perfect product to use prior to a red lippy ’cause it doesn’t let the lippy bleed! One huge drawback…. the PRICETAG: $115.00 (but if you are a serious victim of dry lips, this is a must-have product to add to your beauty regimine).

Malibu Secret Body Treatment: Why? Because it smells tropical – jasmine, old rose and gardenia – (and all the boys notice) and it feels like a cool souffle layered onto my skin! The company says that it is, “the first body lotion that contains ETF a patented biopeptide, biotech version of Epidermal Thymic Factor, a hormone naturally occuring in the skin that promotes cell renewal.” All I know is that this lotion really works and my skin just devours it up! PRICE TAG: $22.00

Benefit’s Eye Bright Stick: Why? It fakes the “slept all day and night” look. If applied to the inner and outer corners of your eyes, this wonder stick brightens dark circles and dull, tired eyes flawlessly! It’s great for an afternoon pick-me-up as well. Make sure to blend! PRICE TAG: $18.00

Oil of Olay Body Thermal Pedicure: Why? Because it heats upon contact. It’s the strangest feeling and I don’t know how they do it, but it actually gets hot when rubbed onto your feet (the heating sensation only lasts a couple of seconds but it’s pretty cool!). Bora Bora white sand, pumice, and micro-crystals exfoliate (very important after using self-tanning lotions as the tanner tends to create pockets of orange residue around the toes and ankles)! Shea Butter moisturizes. This product is genius! I use it every other day in the bath or shower!!!

MAC Viva Glam VI: Why? Because proceeds from the sale of this terracotta-plum lipstick go to the MAC AIDS fund to support H.I.V./ AIDS research. Since 1994, MAC has already donated 90 million to the cause. And we at beauty banter love sustainable beauty! Giving back! (found in the pages of Vanity Fair’s July issue). PRICE TAG: $14.00

Vanity Fair’s July 2007 issue dedicated to Africa with special guest editor Bono (of U2): Why? Because it’s s a magazine that you’ll want to read cover to cover. It left me feeling hopefull and empowered. We can change the world, each and every one of us! (And the 20 special covers shot by Annie Leibovitz boast some of the world’s most important faces helping to raise awareness in Africa: Oprah, George Clooney, Alicia Keyes, Bono, Bill and Melinda Gates, even President George Bush!) This issue is an absolute must (currently on newstands)!!!! PRICE TAG: $4.50

Bathing It Up… A-List Style

By | body | 71 Comments

There are few things that I like more then a relaxing bath – (a clear complexion, cuddling with my dog, sex, tv, movies and being in front of the camera… fine!) – so when I come across a product that makes bath time that much more fabulous, I can’t help but boast about it!

My in-the-know friends over at The Silver Spoon (luxury celebrity gifting event coordinators) gave me Ligne St. Barth’s Papaya Peeling Shower Cream and let me tell you, this product is fit for an A-lister. It smells of a Summer day on a far away island, it actually lathers WHILE exfoliating and it leaves the skin so smooth it feels like silk. I’ve used it EVERYDAY since alloting it personal residence in my shower shelf.

Other Ligne St. Barth products to try: Cocunut Oil Sunscreen with SPF 2… only use if you want a dark, island sort of tan… the natural oils moisturize.

Avocado OilCLICK HERE to read an old post where I proclaimed it a “Weekly Must-Have…”

And to view the entire range of delicious products, CLICK HERE!

BACK FROM BRITAIN

By | body, makeup | 12 Comments

My internet connection wasn’t working properly but I’m back in the states and ready to dish on my fave british products!!!

Jo Malone French Lime Blossom Bath Oil – Superbly subtle and soft. The perfect addition to a lovely bubble bath in London’s regal Dorchester Hotel (where I stayed). Jo Malone is best known for their yummy candles but the bath oil is where it’s at!

You can’t go to London and not buy something from London beauty megahouse, Rimmel. (Kate Moss does the ads??? Ring a bell?) Well, my favorite product from Rimmel is their fabulous eyeliner. Not to mention, the prices are so reasonable, you can actually stock up ten at a time! Try Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black, a perfect basic that will make your eyes pop! Hey, if it’s good enough for Kate Moss, it’s good enough for me!

Boots Cucumber Facial Wipes, my new obsession. Everything that Boots makes rocks, and it’s pretty damn cheap, but you must try these cleansing wipes! I use them to clean my make-up brushes. Ever since my friend Kim made me anal about clean brushes, I now clean my brushes after every application. And it actually does help the make-up application process!
Also to try:Boots Coconut & Almond Oil Creme Shower: Smells so fabulous and it’s only about 3 dollars!!!
P.S. Boots is an ultra famous pharmacy chain in London, England and their products are simply divinie!

Ok, more to come tomorrow… I’m so tired, I must sleep…. jet lag!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Body Is Your Temple…

By | body | 3 Comments

I have just discovered the most incredible new line of body products. Wel,, new to the United States. They’ve been around Italy for ages. But now, finally, they are avialable through .
Yes!
are fun, affordable and deliciously scented! As the company says, ““The Italian bath and body line is infused with natural moisturizing extracts from yogurt to continually improve the texture and elasticity of your skin.”
I tried the Showercream in RED FRUITS and the KARITE BUTTER Body Cream. The showercream lathered perfectly but it also moisturized. I didn’t leave the shower feeling dry or chapped. I immediately soaked my body in the Body Cream and, let me tell you, this is a gift from God. It is thick, rich, super hyrdrating and, best of all, the scent isn’t so overwhelming, but rather light and a little mysterious. AND I didn’t ahve to reapply throughout the day. The cream actually kept my skin moisturized! This is definitely a new favorite!

Try the entire line – it is affordable and a real treat for your temple (body!)

Bath Time is Fun Time

By | body | No Comments

From Fellow Beauty Whore, Di Gaeta:
(recommendations for a divinely blissfull bathing experience…)

“If I learned anything this Valentine’s Day, it’s that beauty is all about the bath. Besides being a great place to distress, which we all know is the best way to avoid those dreaded wrinkles, it’s a great place to exfoliate. I’m all about exfoliation, as you devout beauty bloggers know, and I’ve found the greatest one of all time. Everything I’m about to share with you, by the way, is courtesy of the geniuses behind the Standard Hotel in downtown, LA, one of my favorite places to stay.
So, I begin my bath with a good old-fashioned classic: Yes, ladies, this childhood best is still just as good as you remember… with a sexy, hot pink bottle and a scent of cherries, clean laundry, and bubble gum.
Once you’ve soaked till your pruney, pull out a jar of C.O.Bigelow’s Lemon Sugar Body Scrub. This little jar of heaven leaves you brightened and moisturized. Once you’ve gotten out and lightly towel dried, follow it all with C.O. Bigelow’s Lemon Body Cream. This Stuff is so thick and perfect for winter and I’m not exaggerating when I tell you it smells exactly like a lemon sugar pie. Yummy!

Till next week, you little pretties……

Xoxo Di”

Di in the bath

Fellow Beauty Whore Recommendation… AFTER-SUN COOLING GEL

By | body | 5 Comments

A must-try by a fellow beauty whore….
“First off, I love your blog, you’re the shit, and I read it religiously.

Secondly: I just bought an after-sun product that is absolutely
fantastic…I had to share it with you; it’s called Yoghurt Cooling Gel by Korres(you can find it at Sephora). I even use it after
waxing…it takes the redness away and almost immediately cools your
skin. I have an olive complexion, so I don’t really get burned, BUT,
it also helps keep your tan a lot longer than most products by
increasing the water content of the top layers of the skin. Seriously,
phenomenal; and for $23.50, it’s a steal for what it does, trust me.
Try it out…I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!”
(via email)

Although I have yet to try this cooling gel, I do believe that I have it stuffed away in one of my dozen boxes filled with beauty products… I’m gonna try it out and let you know.

Have any beauty recommendations? Email us at beautybanter@gmail.com!

WEEKLY MUST-HAVE

By | body, weekly must-have | 6 Comments

Did you know that your elbows are a tell-tale sign of your age? Dry Elbows = Aging Mamasita.
Try moisturizing AT LEAST twice a day… after a shower all over… and at least once before bedtime in the most intimate of areas – hands, feet and elbows. My pick for best hydration AND cleanest smell (not like a perfume) is Biotherm’s Lait Corporel Anti-Drying Body Milk. It’s light weight and non-greasy, and it smells like a freshly cut orange peel.
A word (or several…) from the company:
This everyday body milk provides three-way action to repair flaky skin, restore skin’s protective barrier and protect its natural elasticity. With its silky texture the lotion penetrates easily into skin, helping it recover a smooth and satiny appearance.

The best twenty bucks you will EVER spend on your body!!!