Best of… OILS!
Say bye-bye lotion (or just combine), hello oil. It’s almost fall, skin needs some extra hydration and oil is where it’s at!
Here are my current top 10 picks for best of oils… every reason, every season:
1. Jurlique Rose Oil – The reason this entire post began. The creme de la creme of oils. Smells like a rose garden, leaves skin feeling like silk. Add to a diffuser to liven up your living area or a cap full in the bath for a rosy bathing experience. TIP: Rosemary actually helps to balance out oiliness. $55.00
2. Davines SU Sun Oil Body and Hair Moisturizing Oil – Everytime I spray (yes, it’s a spray!), I say WOW out loud. The smell is insanely amazing (part cucmber/ part floral/ all amazing). Love it for the hair as it adds shine and softnes and does the same for my body. Also gets rid of the nasty smokey smell, next day hair. This non-greasy formula naturally prevents the signs of aging with Argan Oil, Vitamin E and Vitamin A. Jojoba Oil nourishes and softens and UV filters protect hair from the damaging effects of the sun. $31.00
3. Tammy Fender Bulgarian Lavender Body Oil – With a versatile array of healing benefits, Bulgarian lavender is considered a “cure all.” This pump oil is my ideal oil to mix with lotion and create the most soothing moisture paste to slather all over skin post shower. The oil nourishes, protects and increases the flow of oxygen to the cells via a blend of Bulgarian lavender as well as some of nature’s finest nutrient oils. Spiritualy, this unique blend evokes equanimity. The beautiful packaging doesn’t hurt, either. $65.00
4. June Jacobs Vanda Orchid Dry Oil Body Spray – A unique combination of rejuvenating oils, including apricot and sunflower, work to condition and soothe dry, tired skin. Leaves skin feeling refreshed, soft and rejuvenated and smelling clean, while also protecting against environmental toxins. Never greasy thus great to spray right before bed, allow the oil to penetrate the skin. $45.00
5. – Meant for cellulite concerns in the thighs, hips and buttocks regions, the pump oil contains organic essential oils of juniper berries, rosemary and geranium to tone, Organic essential oils of lemongrass and lemon todrain and grape seed oil to nourish. This oils smells citrus fantastic and gently mists on, a mild rub to get the blood flowing required. $35.00
6. Liiv Botanicals Triple Phase Bath & Shower Oil – A non greasy, super yummy oil to add to the bath or use in the shower for added moisture and softness. Washes off quickly and completely. Smells sweet with a hint of saccharin. Surprise: It’s made by Avon. We heart Avon — and their prices! $12.00
7. Carol’s Daughter Lemon and Jojoba Cuticle Oil – Essential lemon and jojoba oils naturally strengthen nails, soften cuticles and help reduce brittleness and breakage. Made sans PETROLEUM, Paraben, mineral oil and artificial color. The smell is citrus delight. The look is shiny, happy nails. I use this stuff every night before bed and my nails are smiling wide. TIP: If you’re in a nail bind, use cuticle oil to fake the appearance of just manicured fingers. It works! $9.50
8. Kiehl’s Portable Essence Oil – Choose from 6 delicious scents including cucumber, vanilla and grapefruit (my fave), for an all-natural alternative to perfume. These roll-on fragrance oils deliver just the right amount of scent and are perfect for on-the-go touch ups, even fitting into the tiniest of clutches. $25.00
9. Molton Brown Face Oils – Oils are fun for the face — especially when they don’t leave your complexion all shiny but still give you that much needed moisture. All of the oils absorb quickly and easily, refresh and cater to your skin’s personal concerns. I’m loving the Tunisian Neroli Balancing Facial Oil because it replaces a moisturizer at night and my skin is oily but still needs hydration. So, if you’re “over” the whole lotion thing, try a face oil, you may surpirse your skin! $58.00
10. Persephenie Neroli Infusion Body Oil – A wet pump-on oil that smells like decadent baby powder. Gives body the most beautiful glow. Marula Oil helps to maintain healthy-looking and vibrant skin while Certified Organic Jojoba Oil delivers superior moisture to the skin. Shiny and moisturized? Score! $38.00