Bathing Beauty: Becka Diamond
I first met Becka Diamond at a party in New York City. She was DJing (naturally) and wearing a fabulous ensemble that only Becka could pull off. I liked her immediately. Her sweet personality seems to clash with the heavy liner and bleached blonde hair, but then again, Becka is somewhat of an anomaly. When asked to describe herself, Becka says “Becka Diamond is a fictional character best known for her work as a DJ, fashion stylist, curator, photographer, music correspondent, social media enthusiast and, on rare occasion, model. She is a Leo raised in Boston, currently splitting her time between Los Angeles and New York City.”
I’ve always been somewhat envious how Becka is able to “put her face on” night after night. Besides being quite a timely and daunting task, I find it incredibly liberating that Becka can be equal parts grunge and perfectly poised, reminding me of a modern day pin up girl.
I had to ask Becka my favorite beauty question. After all, it’s not every day that a real life character is game to spill her beauty tips.
What are your top 5, can’t-live-without products?
1. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland: This is a new favorite. I love tinted moisturizers. This one goes on super smoothly and creates a sheer, dewy look which I love. I have dry skin, so any extra moisture is appreciated. It also has an SPF 30, which is an added bonus.
2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Cream Eye Shadow: This is the product I use to create my extreme cat eye. I apply with an angled brush, painting the shape on. Once it’s set, you could swim in it. Normal liquid liners never last on me. I need bomb-proof. Comes in handy on many-a-late-night out!
3. MAC Lipstick in “Snob”: I’ve been wearing this forever. I love a sixties lip, and this saccharine bubble gum color is my absolute favorite. And it smells like cake.
4. Lush Dusting Powder in Vanilla: This is useful for many reasons, but I mainly use it in my hair. Being platinum, I can douse my head in it to add volume or do second day hair. It’s also great on the skin for getting in and out of vinyl, latex and leather.
5. Eye cream: I kind of have an addiction here. I’m using 3 at the moment. My favorites are from La Mer and Kiehl’s, though.
What is your all-time favorite product?
Abyssine Cream from Kiehl’s. My mom got me hooked on Kiehl’s when I was 12. This cream is moisturizing enough for my dry skin, but doesn’t clog pores or feel heavy on the skin.
What product do you buy in bulk?
False eyelashes. I used to go broke buying them from Shu Uemura and Make Up For Ever, but now I just use those for special occasions. This is one of my guilty pleasures. I know one day I’ll have to quit!
Favorite hair product?
L’Oreal Elnett StrongHold Hairspray. My hair is fine and highly processed, and this is perfect for a bit of teasing ala Brigitte Bardot in Contempt.
Favorite body product?
Nars Monoi Body Glow II. It is super hydrating and gives the skin a pretty sheen.
Favorite beauty secret you’ve picked up along the way?
I know this sounds simple, but washing your make up off before bed is so important, no matter how tired you are. I love the Neutrogena make up remover wipes for late nights when I don’t want to do a full on face wash. Also, I think good manners are a highly underrated beauty secret.
Beauty icon you admire?
Kate Moss. She’s my all time favorite. Her entire vibe is effortless, and cool while still maintaining a bit of grunge.
*Becka’s most recent endeavor, the site 13:13, blends new underground talent, exclusive music, mixtapes, original editorial and news from the intertwining worlds of music and fashion.