was successfully added to your cart.

7 Products For Glowing Skin

skin
By August 16, 2018 No Comments

7 Products For Glowing Skin

I was recently interviewed by the new, super cool, no B.S. site, SwearBy, about the products I swear by for a glowing complexion. I wanted to publish this piece on Beauty Banter, as people often ask…”but what is your favorite skincare product…”. While I can’t answer that question (it’s literally impossible), I can offer up 7 great products for a glowing complexion – plus my one must-have complexion essential that wasn’t included in the SwearBy round up.

And for all of you lovers of realness, peruse SwearBy for articles on industry experts and the products, services, and brands that they legit swear by.

1. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask ($45)
Glow Recipe is an amazing online retailer for K-Beauty products, but they recently came out with their own line. The mask’s pink tint actually comes from watermelon, so there’s no artificial coloring. You put this on at night and you can sleep in it, because it won’t break you out. You just wake up and your skin is so glowing and plump and beautiful. It’s super moisturizing, but it also works for oily and acne-prone skin. I’m obsessed!

2. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial ($80)
Drunk Elephant is every Instagram user’s dream. Their products are so cute and photogenic. The T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial product is my favorite. It’s basically a facial in a bottle, but you apply it like a mask. You put it on for 20 minutes, it dries, and you wash it off. It gets rid of all the dull, tired skin and just makes your skin as glowing as it was when you were a baby! I use it once or twice a week as part of my nighttime routine.

3. Herbivore Prism Exfoliating Glow Potion ($62)
I like to think of this glow potion as a mix between a serum and a toner that you use after you wash your face. Take a few drops, gently dab it onto your skin, and the rest of your product routine penetrates deeper and works more effectively. It leaves your face looking amazing.

4. iS Clinical White Lightening Serum ($128)
This is legit one of my favorite products, and they’re not paying me to say this! It’s the only non-hydroquinone product I trust to lighten my pigmentation issues, which I do have. I use it every night before bed.

5. Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($158)
I love this treatment for gently exfoliating the skin. It also plumps and hydrates the skin, so it kind of makes you look 10 years younger. Who doesn’t want that!? Plus, it’s gentle enough to use every single night.

6. Dr. Barbara Sturm Glow Drops ($145)
These drops are a face-changer. They’re amazing for giving you a bit of illumination, but also chock-full of really healthy ingredients for your skin. It moisturizes and has anti-aging benefits.

7. Tata Harper Illuminating Moisturizer ($85)
This is one of my all-time favorites. It is an all-natural, non-toxic moisturizer, but it also has bits of diamond radiance in it. When you apply it, your face actually looks like you’ve mixed in a bit of highlighter, and it gives you the most beautiful glow you’ve ever seen.

8. Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970
Products come and go, in and out of my bathroom shelf, but this one has earned a permanent place. It’s a toner that exfoliates without abrasive physical exfoliants — and it also balances out the pH, which is so important. Health skin starts with balance. Because this lotion (it’s really a liquid) uses acids to exfoliate, it also opens up pores so that subsequent products penetrate more deeply. I use this morning and night, immediately following a face wash, pre any serums, creams, retinols, or the like.

Shop The Post:

*images by Kenji Fitzgerald